Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Writer

Hi Folks,

Today I get to keep two promises. First I get to tell you about how I became a writer, and second I can finally show you the cover for Blue Rider. On to my story.

I have always loved stories, writing them, reading them, writing songs, etc. All that got put on the back burner when I reached adulthood. I married young, had a young family, and ... well, you know how that all goes. When you have children it is hard to hold on to the little things.


Life took it's usual twists and turns, the music slipped away, so did the writing, but I clung to the reading. As time passed I ended up in the fitness industry as a personal trainer and owning my own gym. Now, anyone who is self employed can tell you, getting a business going and running it is a hard grind.

In the mid nineties it all came apart. My marriage failed, my business went bankrupt, my children were grown, and I was suddenly alone, adrift. Fortunately I had a most remarkable woman as a best friend. I moved in with her, we became lovers, and are still together to this day. She's the one who made me a writer.

I was at loose ends, no work, no prospects, and just basically bat-shit crazy. “What do you want to do?” she asked.
I don't know, I don't even care. I just want to do something useful to somebody.”
So, be a writer. I love the stories you tell me. Write me a story.”

Intrigued, I did. I began with pen and paper. Each day she would return from work and I would have a new chapter waiting for her. I loved the process. I would sit on the edge of my chair as she dutifully tried to translate my poor handwriting. Each day I thrilled as she squealed with delight and disappointment that there was no more.

Eventually she broke down and bought me a used computer. I know it tested even her great patience as she taught me to use it. However, I loved the damn thing and each day I eagerly two fingered out another chapter of the story and each day she looked forward to more of the saga. 

And so it began. That first story grew into a three novel series. Eventually I published it as The Revival Series, it even got a good review. This is it. 


ROW80 Check-in



Well, this past week I did manage to write a few thousand words. Six thousand, actually. The big news though is our magic cover artist is back in action and we finally got our cover for the second book in the Haunted Treasure Series. Here's a look at the face of Blue Rider. Look for the book to appear in mid September.



Well, that's it for me this time. Be well folks

Bless
Pru


Pru's ads.
Click on any book cover to be taken to it's point of sale on Amazon.com. My books can also be found on Sony, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Apple, Diesel, and many others.



They come out infrequently, but will keep you up to date on publishing goals, books in progress, as well as content that does not appear elsewhere about day to day life here on my island of stone. As well we always include a coupon for a free book. Sign up today. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad we got the reveal :) And thanks for sharing your inspirational story, Pru. I'm always fascinated by people's walks of life and how they lead them to writing in the end. What a fantastic woman to have in your life, you are both blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalie, glad you like the cover. Yes, I am blessed to have this woman in my life. She makes every day brighter and I thank the gods for my good fortune every morning before I do anything else.

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest