Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Nap!


Yesterday was a day of unexpected obstacles. Nothing seemed to fit. I bought the pieces to go through the wall to the chimney. (Remember the big hole in the wall?) Well, the hole didn't really meet up with the chimney correctly, so I had to enlarge it. Enlarging it meant spending nearly five hours swinging a five pound hammer.  Yes I succeeded in making it the right size, but today I am paying for the effort expended.

 New stove out of the crate. Still not installed. sigh!


I had many chores on my to-do list for today, but all were set aside in favor of the sacred Nap. It has been too long since I honored the Goddess of the Nap and today she demanded her due. After we walked the dogs I curled up on the couch and spend the day with the Lady of Rest. I awakened again about four, somewhat refreshed and ready to face the world once again. My beautiful partner changed the date on the to-do like to Monday.  Love her.

Okay, next post I will announce the winners of the draw. Someone will win a $25.00 gift coupon from The Purple Raven Boutique.


 and someone will win a $25.00 coupon from Powder River Editing. 



Now for round four of this year’s ROW80 efforts.  Life is extremely busy right now, so I will try to keep the goals within reach.

Goals:
1.      Write 5000 words per week until first draft of WIP is complete.
2.      Accept more requests for interviews. (Currently I only do about one in five. Bad me! I’m told I need to open up and get over my shyness.)
3.      Read and comment on at least one blog per day.

Well, that’s it for me this time folks. If I manage to accomplish all the non-writerly things I have on my plate I may add a few more, but for now, this is it.  I wish you all great success with your goals and if I can help you in any way, please don’t hesitate to ask.

10 comments:

  1. Aha! Prudence, your timing is uncanny. I woke from my nap to find the notice of this Nap post in my inbox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe Yep, sometimes we just have to go to the altar and nap to re-charge our batteries. Hope you enjoyed yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling recharged, Prudence. Best of luck with your goals this round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi J.R., I do feel a lot better, so much so, I may just do it again today. For therapeutic reasons only, you understand. :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like you have some good goals for ROW80. I failed so badly in the last round, I'm not sure I'm up for trying it again. I do want to set goals for myself, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alana, don't beat yourself up over it girl. It doesn't always work. The idea is to set the goals so they are attainable without killer stress. They can be adjusted anytime if life takes a sudden twist. (As it often does) Another trick I have found helpful is to enlist a friend who will nag you to keep you on track.
      Give it another chance; give yourself another chance to succeed. You can do it, yes you can!

      Delete
  5. Ah, the much nap. We all need those once in a while.

    Good luck with the stove install. And the writing goals!

    Patricia Rickrode
    w/a Jansen Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia. Yep, the nap was so restorative I'm giving consideration to making it a daily ritual. hee hee hee

      Delete
  6. Nice goals, Prudence. Somehow I never thought of you as shy, at least not online. Best of luck with the stove install, sounds like a "colorful language" inspiring task to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gene. Yes, I learned a lot of "carpenter's language" from my brother. It took the full vocabulary to get this far. tee hee

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest