Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chainsaw Angie strikes again!


I've been too focused on my writing this summer and have neglected some important things. The dead trees over at the neighbor’s fence for example. I was amazed that the hurricane didn't blow them down and cause a lot of damage. Today being a warm sunny day, it was time to deal with the threat. I closed my eyes and asked my alter ego to come out to play.

It took all morning, and it was necessary to climb some of the trees to attach a rope, but by noon the deed was done and Chainsaw Angie went back to sleep as I enjoyed a well-earned shower.


Now here’s a reminder of the free books and Bling offer. Folks, just as I promised, it is time for some giveaways. Why? Well, think of it as reader appreciation time. You wonderful people have been extremely good to me and I want you to know it. The outpouring of warmth and support after my car accident was both heartwarming and humbling.

So, here’s the deal. Two of my books will be free for the rest of September. If you download a book, let me know and I will enter your name for a draw at the end of the month. There will be two draws, so let me know which one you want (or both). Next month will a new contest so keep checking back.

The first draw is for a $25.00 gift certificate from The Purple Raven Boutique.


The second draw is for a $25.00 coupon towards editing services from Powder River Editing.




Okay, now on to the free books. If you like romance, here’s a coupon for Moira. Just click the link and use this code: HX83V


If you prefer action, adventure, aliens, psychic attacks, with a bit of romance tossed in for spice, here’s the code for Hunter. GK96A



Remember to let me know so I can enter your name in the right draw.


Okay, Row80 progress. In spite of my protests to the contrary, I did manage another thousand words on my WIP. It now stands at 36K+ The target for the rest of this round was as close to 40K as possible. Will she make it folks? Only the shadow knows for sure.

Now, here’s my question for you. I know you have an alter ego; come on, fess up. So what is she/he like? 
What does he/she want to do that you would not? 
Best of all, when was the last time you climbed a tree?

10 comments:

  1. I downloaded Hunter! Looking forward to reading. I can't remember the last time I climbed a tree - maybe I should do something about that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennette, I'll put you in for the draws. I scraped my shin getting down out of one tree, but, you know, I'd be ashamed to admit how much fun it was. :)

      Delete
  2. Well, my alter ego is rather timid and tends to be very retiring. Okay, that was a little too easy on her. She likes to hide from the world. That is why Charis Maloy exist, somebody has to make friends!! As for climbing trees, I don't think I have done that in over a decade... Could it be because I fell face first of a horse and don't trust my arm? Certainly not, I cowboy up far better than that... It must be because there are very few trees that are substantial enough to climb around here. Sage brush just really is not overly strong...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee, yep, I'm sure climbing sagebrush would be no fun at all. :)

      Delete
  3. Hmmm, I have to think about it but I think I would have to say my alter ego is a bit butch and likes to hold open doors and take charge but in a very charming way. She looks like she isn't afraid of anything and can fix just about anything. Don't think she would care to climb trees though unless absolutely necessary. Though she did climb a roof to help cut down a fallen limb.

    I know what you mean about being too focused and neglecting things around you this summer, I've done a lot of that as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, a take charge woman. Love it. Yes, it is time we took a break and got some winter prep done then we can go back to the fun stuff.

      Delete
  4. You go girl! I know that after I spend a little time with the electric sander my arms begin to feel like rubber bands. I can only imagine what a morning with the chainsaw must feel like. :) You're one tough chickie! I am impressed. You need to get some video footage of you scaling those trees like a cat. Hehehe Glad you've been focused on your writing. I've been doing more of that as well. It affects the blog but so be it. The blog is always secondary to our writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, Debra, I do have the rubber arm syndrome. hehehe Climbing the tree was fun, but not so sure I'd want to do it every day. I do agree the writing does come first. And that's my cue...

      Delete
  5. Hello Miss Macleod! If you were a first time reader to your stories, which would you read first? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, thanks for dropping by. If you prefer romance then go with Moira (free this month) but if you prefer adventure with romance then Hunter (also free this month) might be your cup of tea. Either book will give you a sense of my writing style. Happy reading. Let me know which you choose. (Okay, so I'm curious.)

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest