Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Whale Pics

Sorry folks, but I had to take down the pics of the whales. I'll keep my eye out and see if I can get a few of my own.


Okay, I have had several requests for whale pictures. Here they are. Now, I will readily admit I did not take these actual pictures, nor am I aware of the sources. However, I have seen similar sights more than once since moving to this island. As soon as I get a better camera I will begin hunting for pics of my own. In the mean time, the best time for whale watching is late June, and July. Living here you could easily see whales or dolphins from the cliffs or from the decks of the ferry boats. Enjoy!

This is the most common sight, the back and fin.


Large fins as she rolls on her back.


This is a breach. The most impressive I have ever seen was in 2004 off the coast of St. Anthony. The big beast actually came fully out of the water. Wow, that was so impressive.

Bye for now.



8 comments:

  1. That's it... Saving for a REALLY good camera now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, at this time of year, with a good telephoto lens you could get whales, sea birds, ice bergs, etc.

      Delete
  2. Look at you Prudence. Your public demands it and you deliver! Great pics of the whales. My husband and I were staying on the coast of Maui several years ago in March which is their whale season. Magnificent! It is awe inspiring. What awesome creatures. Thanks for posting Pru! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm good at customer service, Karen. tee hee They truly are awe inspiring, especially up close.

      Delete
  3. Wow, stunning, Prudence! You are so fortunate to actually witness nature's gorgeousness like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra, living in a remote area isn't all bad. We do have out moments.

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest