Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Technological Update



Hi folks, just an update to my technology issues concerning book covers. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I feel quite lost with modern tech and was planning to retreat into old tech, aka, pencil and paper. I’ve been mulling it all over in my mind.
(This is me mulling.)

A number of you good folk were concerned the old girl might be slipping backwards. You were kind enough to send me different techniques for master the dreaded Photoshop, and I honestly do appreciate your advice. I will heed it in the weeks to come, for I have formulated a new plan. Learn to sketch then meld the two technologies. I’ll keep you fully informed of my progress.

Meanwhile, Skip Maslan has pointed me to some software that will probably solve the problem in the meantime. Skip, bless your heart. I will investigate this and see what I can come up with.

All right now, here’s the question of the day. Brain cross over; I’m right handed so that is controlled by the left hemisphere of my brain, right? Writing is a left brained activity, but, drawing is a right brained activity. So here’s the thing, if my left brain controls the writing, shouldn’t the right side of my brain control the drawing, and if so, taking into account the cross over effect, should I try to learn to draw with my left hand?
Mull that over a bit yourselves and let me know your thoughts.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Prudence,

    This book might be interesting for you:
    http://www.drawright.com/

    Since I'm drawing and painting with the mouse and a graphic program not all exercises were suitable for me, but it was still very interesting to read and I think I learned quite a bit from it.

    Cheers,
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophia, thank you for the book recommendation; I'll check it out. I need all the help I can get. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Prudence,

    In my opinion, writing requires both the left and the right sides of your brain. The right side creates the story, the left brain takes the dictation, finds the right words, etc. If you use the book Drawing on the Right Side, it will have you try to draw right-handed and left handed. It may behoove you to attempt with each and see which feels most natural. For me, right-handed is the only way I can use a pencil and make lines that mean something. Good luck in your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lynette, I've always been a bit ambidextrous so I'm actually hoping this might work. Can you tell how desperate I am? tee hee

      Delete
  3. Well this is a brain teaser Prudence! As the right side of my brain creates the thought, my left side is typing it out for you to read. But does it really matter which hand you draw with? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, I agree it doesn't matter, I was just wondering about this. Damn, now my secret is out. Yes good people, this is the way my mind works sometimes. hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest