Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Coming up Roses


I know, sounds a bit trite, but it is what it is. Today for instance, I set out early with the dogs. We had some cloud cover and a stiff breeze, perfect for a walk in the hills. We hadn’t gone far when the wind shifted. I was suddenly bewitched by the scent of wild roses. They grow everywhere on this island; unpruned, uncut, and unhampered they thrive. At this time of year the air can be heavy with the scent. I love it.

As I walked along, watching the dogs snuffle and explore in the tall grass, drinking deeply of the scent of roses and clover, I reflected on just how good life has been lately. Oh sure, there have been a few blips, there always are, but it just keeps coming up roses. Yes indeed, life is good.

On that note, here is the ROW80 check-in, on time for a change.

1.      Finish the first draft of my current project and get it off to my editor.  CM Crawford is a great editor and has very reasonable rates. Heck, she’ll even work for Amazon gift cards. The girl loves to barter. You can find her on her page here:
Done!

2.      Get the next project over 15K words
Well on the way here. Over 5K words now.

3.      If Ms. Crawford gets the first project back to me in time, finish the second draft during this round. If not then I will finish and hopefully publish it during the last round.

So, one thing you can do to help is to go to my Amazon author page and hit the *like* button on the upper right side. Here’s the link. http://www.amazon.com/Prudence-MacLeod/e/B0079XOY8U 
If you have an author page drop your link into a comment and I’ll go *like* it for you. Thanks for stopping by, good luck!


9 comments:

  1. Wishing you lots of roses! Hey, I thought you were gonna slow down over the summer, what with outdoor distractions and all..... You sure do keep your editor busy! Not that she's complaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did slow down; I'm way behind last year's pace. tee hee hee

      Delete
  2. Love the roses! I haven't tried growing them here in the desert and boy do I miss them. Great check-in Prudence! Wishing you a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Raelyn, there's nothing quite like the scent of roses on the breeze. Can you grow them in the desert? It would be awesome if you could. Thanks for the good wishes.

      Delete
    2. You can, but you have to do special hybrids and they still take a lot of care.

      Delete
  3. Prudence, your home sounds lovely! What a nice way to take a break and enjoy life with your furry friends. :) Good work on ROW80 too - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennette, I wish that just once you could walk with me and catch that scent on the breeze. It is pure magic.

      Delete
  4. Way to go Prudence! You are rocking out the words and still finding time to get out of the house and enjoy nature! That's a win win in my book! Crossing my fingers for you when you send in pages to your editor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess, thanks for the good words. I'm hoping to get the MS back late next week without too much to do to it. My editor (CM Crawford) often contacts me when she finds a problem area and we fix it before she continues. I love the fact that she likes to get involved with the author and to help make the book the best it can be.

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest