Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Life at the edge of the world.



It can be a little different out here, depends on the weather I guess.  The weather and an old girl’s short memory process.  For example; last Sunday was a bright sunny day, delightful.  My lady love and I took the dogs to what passes for a beach here.  Don’t think warm sands and small bikinis, think tumbled stone the size of your head and warm sweaters.  Anyway, as the lads were snuffling through the tall grasses, we spotted movement in the waters.  We watched as, less than ten meters away, a huge seal made his way to shore and laboriously worked his way up onto the rocks then settled down to rest.  A few moments later the lads got into a bit of mischief and I had to call them back. 

At the sound of my voice the seal raised his head, saw two humans and four dogs, and decided perhaps the waters were a better place to spend the day.  Hurriedly he squirmed his way back down the beach and disappeared into the icy water. To our chagrin, we had neither camera, nor cell phone with camera, with us.  They had been left behind. Oops, there’s that dang short term memory thing. Sorry, no picture of a seal today.

Fast forward to today.  We awoke to a rainy day, so I spent many hours preparing another manuscript for publication. (coming soon) Slowly the rain stopped, the roads dried up, and I became optimistic. I stepped into my hikers, hook on the lads leashes, and stepped through the door. A dark cloud was near, but, ah, we’ll make it.  Wrong, by the time we got back we were pretty wet and cold.  We had a rub down and a biscuit, yes, mine was different than theirs, and all is well.

I know it doesn’t sound too exciting, but there is a gentle comfort to this new life, and I like it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest