Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Grocery Day

You know, there is always a bit of bad with all the good.  For example, today was my big grocery shopping day.  Now, that's no big deal for most folks, but for those of us in self imposed isolation, it presents a few more challenges.  So, here's what today looked like from here.


I arose early, fed the dogs and then made breakfast for us while K got ready for work.  I dressed quickly, swiftly applied my make-up, then raced through the door and drove to the ferry landing.  then settled down to wait.  An hour later the warfinger awakened me by tapping on my car window.  "Wuz ya wanting this boat, my love, or would you rather take the next one?" he grinned.

"This one would be just fine," I smiled in return.  "Thank you for the wake up call."

Ok, got on the boat, played with the cell phone features while the boat carried me to the big island.  Then I got busy again.  A long drive to the city where I did my banking, fueled up the car, then hit four different grocery stores.  That took a few hours, most of it waiting in line-ups and thanking my lucky stars I don't have to do this every day.

I left the cottage at 8:20 a.m., by 12:40 p.m. I was beat and at the drive through, begging for a super large coffee.  By 1:10 I was baqck in the line up to return home, but the line was long.  I sat in the car, writing in my book (the old fashioned lap top) while I waited.  It was 3:00 p.m. before I boarded a boat for my island.  By the time I arrived home and stored away all the treasure, it was 4:45 p.m., time for another cup of coffee and bowl of yogurt with raisins.

I then made dinner for a girl who was working late, and now I sit here blogging while the bread dough rises.  Yes indeed, I'm baking bread this evening.

Tomorrow I intend to nap all day. (wish me luck with that one.) On the bright side, during all that waiting around, I got another chapter written.  It wasn't all so bad at that, was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest