Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Progress on the Farm and at the Keyboard

Hi Folks,

Well, here's all the news that's new from the farm this past week. In spite of a cold wet week I did manage to harvest two of the five huge clumps of chives. They're hanging in the greenhouse drying. 


I also harvested the rhubarb seed podIt too is in the garden house drying. While I was at it I pulled enough rhubarb to make another double batch of jam. Looking good for the coming winter already.

Just getting under way are the tomato plants which are now in blossom. Everything is looking good for now. I'm already planning how to double the raised beds next year. 

ROW80 Check-in:

I know I set a target of 2500 words for each week this round, but we had a rainy week so I had more time at the keyboard. Clocking in at 7500+ words for the week. 
However, that means a lot of other things didn't get done, so if this coming week is sunny I will be struggling to find keyboard time. Still shooting for the 2500 for this week.

Here's wishing you all a productive week filled with unexpected blessings.

Pru


6 comments:

  1. 7500+ is a good number way better than my standards. My ole Nov WriMo is a bit a mess, but its cleaning up nicely. I hope your next word count would be just as fruitful.
    BTW They say that fresh tomatoes grown from the garden is tastier than store brought ones, spaghetti sauce, goes well with blt sandwich and any other sandich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI there, thanks for the encouragement. Yep, I can't wait to make my own pasta sauce from the produce of my garden. Mmmm.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your bonus word count this week! And for a wanna be farmer, you sure are rocking it in the productivity department. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen. I had a good week. Gotta enjoy them when you can. :)

      Delete
  3. Woohoo! 7500 words? That's fantastic Pru! You go girl! And hey, the garden looks fabulous and so green. I appreciate things like that since I now live in the desert. Maybe I'm just a little jealous? But good going on the veggies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. The hard part of the garden now is waiting for it to mature. I go out every day and tell them to hurry up and grow. :)

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest