Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

News From Down on the Farm

Hi Folks,

I promised an update of the farm efforts and here I am. Things have slowed down from an expansion standpoint. On the other hand, everything is growing nicely. That darn rhubarb seed stalk is now over seven feet tall.

I have gathered poles from the bush behind the house to use as pea poles. I've stuck them in the ground. I will wait until the peas are climbing well before I show you a picture.


Now that everything is starting to grow, I have a bit of time to write as we wait for the next step in food production. Things have been going well on the writing front too. Lady Blue continues to sell well, Immortal Tigress has just been re-released, and thanks to a few rainy days the sequel to Tigress is coming along nicely.  Life is good.


ROW80

Okay, is today the first day of the round? Cool. So, goals. Long range goal is to finish the first draft of Shapeshifter during this round. Short term goals, about 2500 words per week or better should be just what I need. Anyway, that's the target. Wish me luck.

May all your days be blessed
Pru

5 comments:

  1. We have an itty bitty piece of land, but I really should look into micro-gardening. It would be fun to grow some of our own food. Twenty-five hundred words a week sounds very doable and rainy days do allow for time to write. It's raining here today; I should heed my own words. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Steph. Yeah, a few pots and a raised bed or two and you can grow a lot of food. Now start writing. hee hee hee

      Delete
  2. Wow - that is one determined rhubarb plant. Perhaps it's trying to be the Jack's beanstalk?

    Good stuff happening at the farm. Stay focused and keep going forward with the books and the farm.

    Patricia Rickrode
    w/a Jansen Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the dang rhubarb seed pod is taking over the world. Actually, those seeds are about ready. I'll need your address so I can send you a bunch. :)

      Delete
    2. Well, we're getting ready to hit the road next week to our new home in Mississippi. So I'll give you that address. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll give it to you that way. jansen.schmidt@yahoo.com (jansen (dot) schmidt (at) yahoo

      Thanks.

      Patricia

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest