Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Cold Day in July

Hey Folks,
Today I'll start with the ROW80 report.


I woke up yesterday about 5:30, the current book I'm writing demanding my attention. I tried to get back to sleep, but to no avail, the story wouldn't leave me alone. The need to write was almost unbearable, the story demanding to be told. I got up, booted up the computer and set to work. 
Yeah, when my muse strikes, she uses a Thor's Hammer. On the bright side, I got lots done. Close to 6500 words for the week. Go me!


Now for the farm news. This summer has been unnaturally cold. The last two days we have considered putting a fire on in the stove. However, as you can see from the pics, the garden isn't minding the cold. 


Truth is, I'm loving the cool weather too. When we walked the dogs today we noticed the trees heavy with new cones, the delightful chill in the air, and a few bergs still floating around in the bay. 

This coming week will be somewhat hectic. K goes in for her knee replacement on Tuesday. I'll be spending a lot of time on the boats and at the hospital.

Well, that's it for me today folks.

Be well
Be blessed
Be good to each other
Pru

4 comments:

  1. Here's to a good week in this past one and this upcoming one.

    You got the cool of the weather while it was in the 90s over here. Whew!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing word count! Very inspiring.
    It has been cooler than is typical here as well. And like you, I am quite enjoying it.
    TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you go girl! 6500 words is awesome! And you'll be busy as you say with K. I hope the surgery goes well. And look at that garden. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, Steph, Karen, thanks for the encouragement. This has been a busy week. K had a full knee replacement on Tuesday, I brought her home yesterday, and as you can guess, both the garden
    nd the WIP have been a bit neglected this wee. However, she's doing fine and things should return to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest