Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Work and Play




Hi folks, here we are again at the end of one week and the beginning of another. This week had its share of distractions, but it was a great success none the less.  It can’t be all work, however.
So what to do when the weather is giving you this?


Well, you could do this,

Or this,

Now here’s a girl who gets into her work.

Okay, work stuff. Here’s another excerpt from Novan Witch. On Wednesday I’ll give you a sneak peek into Assassin of Nova.
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/145541 

The Temple Guards had dragged him off to the prison cells in the lower levels of the complex. Micha wondered why a temple would even need a prison. He had been stripped of his weapons and tossed unceremoniously into a cell. As the door slammed shut behind him, he shouted, “This is a poor way to treat the personal guard of a high priestess!” His captors laughed as they walked away. Good, they were gone. Micha stood and began a slow and detailed inspection of his cell.
“You’re wasting your time,” said a deep voice from the next cell. “I’ve been here for over two years and can’t find a way out. The damned place is enchanted.”
“I’m sure it is. You don’t mind if I try, do you? I don’t seem to have an entertainment screen in my cell.”
“Suit yourself,” chuckled the deep voice. “Who are you, my young friend?”
“I am Micha, friend of Lessa, personal guard of the High Priestess, Nara Clan.”
“Of course you are, boy. I must have been here longer than I thought for I don’t recognize your name. I am Nara Clan. Who is your father?”
“He is dead,” replied Micha as he continued his inspection, “but, I was combat trained by Murtah.”
“Ha, you lie, boy, Murtah is dead. I know for he is my brother.”
“Oh he’s far from dead. I left his farm less than a month ago. Listen, we are both Nara Clan, so we must help each other. We’ll leave this place together. Eventually we will return to Murtah’s farm.”
“Are you telling the truth, boy? Is my brother really alive?”
“He is. Can you see through the cracks enough to recognize my tattoos?”
“I can. Who are you, Micha? You look to be about sixteen, yet you have a combat master’s mark.”
“I told you, I am personal guard of Arlessa, High Priestess of the Temple. It was she who gave me both marks.”
“Damned if I don’t believe you! But it matters not, we cannot escape. It is enough to know that Murtah has survived. You said Arlessa had returned. If that is true, why are you here in prison?”
“It wasn’t a warm reception. Tell me, when do they feed us?”
“Hungry already?” chuckled the deep voice.
“How many come to bring the meals?”
“Only two, one slave and one guard.”
“Let me know in advance so I can be hiding behind the door when they arrive.”
“That sounds like a good idea. How do you plan to get out of that cell?”
“I’m already out of the cell, now I’m looking for something I can use for a weapon.”

Now for the ROW80 check-in:

Goals:
1.      Write 10,000 words per week.
( I did it, I just cracked 10K last night. Yay me! )

2.      Read 10,000 words per week.
( Did this, but I confess it was all other people's blogs. )

3.      Edit ten pages of a completed MS.
(Yep, got it done.)

4.      Feature a new author every Friday
(Didn't manage this one, but have high hopes for next week.)

5.      Read and comment on 10 blogs per week. (Done and fun. )

Folks, if you are an author and want to be featured on this blog, just drop me a line here:  prudymac@gmail.com

Well, that’s it for me for today folks. Drop me a comment to let me know how you’re doing, if you would like to be featured on a Friday, or just to chat. Always happy to hear from you.
Oh yeah, if you could follow this site and/or go to Amazon and like my page that would be awesome. Thanks. Here’s the URL

4 comments:

  1. yay for the goals done this week - interesting titbit from the book:) I too get paint through my hair when I paint, and on my arms and all kind of places that don't seem possible:) all the best for coming week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alberta, it was a great week. yep, getting paint in the hair is traditional. I'm just not sure how I got it in my eyebrows. No picture of that, thank goodness.

      Delete
  2. Great job on your goals - all that, and you got the painting done, too. Looks like you have a very dedicated helper... have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennette, we still have a ways to go to match your daily accomplishments, but we are inspired to try. :)

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest