Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Getting it done.




Hi folks, it has been a bit busy around here, but that is quite typical of winter. Somehow the dang snow removal always seems to eat up time I would rather use for something else. Ah well, it’s a pretty good exercise program.

On Thursday we went grocery shopping in the city. Yep, storm set in as soon as we got there. A heavy snowfall always makes shopping that much more interesting. Tee hee 

On Saturday we moved the entire closet and fixtures into another room and set it up again. That was fun, but tiring and again, didn’t get a lot of writing done.
I did get some done though, and I have to say the muse was smiling on me today.

All right, teaser time; here’s another bit from Return From Exile.
http://www.amazon.com/Return-from-Exile-ebook/dp/B007A3RAWG/ref=la_B0079XOY8U_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358726427&sr=1-2

“Sit down, young woman.”
“I will not.”
“Do as I say for the love of god, I’m your father.”  He glared into her eyes, but she held his gaze and did not flinch.
“I prefer to stand.”
“Alright then, stand as you will, Miss Defiance, but it will not help you this time.  You have brought great shame upon this house, and it is time to pay the piper.”
“Great shame?  Me? I got drunk, Father, and I was raped.  Forgive me, Father, but my three great sins are as follows.  I named my attacker, your elder brother. I am lesbian and admit it freely, and I have refused to marry the man you chose for me.  I’m sorry Father; this is the twenty first century, not the eighteenth.”
“I know bloody well which century it is,” he bellowed, waving his arms angrily.  “Refused to marry?  For the love of god woman, no man would have you now.  What the hell are you thinking?”
“Thank god for small mercies?”



Okay, now on with the ROW80 check in.
Goals:
1.      Write 10,000 words per week. (I’m just over 6000 since Sunday’s check-in. Not a win but I’m getting closer.)
2.      Read 10,000 words per week. (Finished Burning Lamp by Amanda Quick. Great book and a win on the goals.)
3.      Edit ten pages of a completed MS. (I have nine pages of a romance edited so far this week.)
4.      Feature a new author every Friday (I don’t have anybody lined up for Friday yet, but who knows.)
5.      Read and comment on 10 blogs per week. (I got this done, no problem.)

Folks, if you are an author and want to be featured on this blog, just drop me a line here:  prudymac@gmail.com

Well, that’s it for this Sunday. I’m really shooting for the win this coming week. So, tell me, any of you been here? “For the love of mercy, let me respond to one message before you send me another text.”
I often disappear when I get three or more texts behind in the conversation.

Okay, see you Wednesday folks, live well, laugh much, and love always.

2 comments:

  1. Six thousand words out of a goal for 10,000 is good to me; if it weren't a stretch, it wouldn't be a goal, now would it? :)

    I've been dealing with the snow, but not as much as you have, just about a foot or so, but I agree it is great exercise. I am not in the same position with texts right now, but I have been there--you have my sympathy!

    If I'd written anything lately, I'd jump at the chance to be your guest. You've found great people to interview.

    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Elizabeth. I am determined to make 10K this week. The idea is to make that 10K a habit. Let me know when you're ready and we'l do that interview.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest