Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wild Week


It has been a wild week, in that I didn’t seem to get much done. Well, not a lot of writing anyway. Much of the week was spent chasing one errand after another. Far too much time was spent here,


And some here,

And even some here,

But not nearly enough here.

However, although the body was elsewhere, the mind was indeed at the computer, telling stories and writing books. For example, here’s a quick peek at a new character who will appear in the third book of the Novan series.

Miriam was torn. Her father’s teaching demanded she investigate and look for survivors, but her instincts said run far away; the Insiders would be coming. That was an awfully big explosion and even if there were survivors, they would only reject her. First she sighed deeply then stomped her foot in annoyance. Her father’s teachings had won out.

Sweeping up her favorite spear she set out in the general direction of the explosion. Travelling swiftly but silently she made her way past the encampment of the Outers. A short while later she paused and waited quietly for three Muties to pass. They knew she was there and they knew her. They nodded their appreciation of her respect and continued on their way. Miriam ran onward.

It was late in the day when she sensed the Insiders. They were near. She tested the breeze and caught two different scents. There were survivors. Had they been captured yet she wondered? Miriam decided to find out. If she could warn them in time perhaps she would be able to thwart the Insiders for a change. She grinned with delight at the prospect.

Okay, that’s a sneak peek at a woman who is about to encounter space travelers. Now, on to ROW80.

Goals:
1.      Write 10,000 words per week.
As I said, it has been a crazy few days, only 4so far this week. Gotta get busy.

2.      Read 10,000 words per week.
I read a couple of FireFly graphic novels that I got for Christmas. Must be close to the target.

3.      Edit ten pages of a completed MS.
Red faced, I confess I have done nothing here as yet this week.

4.      Feature a new author every Friday
So far I have nobody lined up for Friday. If I don’t have an author on Friday I will put up an excerpt from an upcoming book. Folks, if you are an author and want to be featured on this blog, just drop me a line here:  prudymac@gmail.com

5.      Read and comment on 10 blogs per week.
I’m at five so far. This one looks good.

Well, that’s it for me for today. I hope you folks are enjoying a slower pace of life than I am this week.

6 comments:

  1. This ROW started on Monday, so I'd say 4k (or even 400) words is pretty good, especially with the other bits you've gotten done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your goals, ambitious but healthy. (And if you have done 4,000 already, 10,000 is totally doable).
    If you ever need a blog to comment on, I'm always happy for feedback!
    (100firstdrafts.blogspot.com.au), though sadly not yet an official author...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Elizabeth, will check out your blog for sure. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Don't you just love how the brain keeps going on with the story apart from the fingers? Seems like I'm always having to stop whatever else I'm doing to jot down a note about some fantastic bit of excellence that I must remember to incoorporate into my WIP when next I sit down at the computer.

    Sounds like you're off and running wit the story.

    Patricia Rickrode
    w/a Jansen Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely right, Patricia, wishing my fingers were a lot faster most days. :)

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest