Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Serious Neglect


Dear Blog,
Remember me, you know, your writer? Yes, I know I have neglected you lately. I have no acceptable excuse. Call it a brain short circuit. I have so many story lines rattling around in my head; it has been difficult to get focused on anything else.

Yes, dear blog, I do understand that you too have needs. You have readers who come to visit and find the same old stale offerings when they so richly deserve something new and fresh.


Another piece of my problem is the weather. It is summer now, friends visit, the field and forest call seductively, the accursed grass demands to be groomed, and then there’s the beaches. Oh the siren call of gently lapping waves and the lonely cry of the gulls…  Oh, right, sorry, see how easily I get distracted?

Yes, I know that when the kids were small I was able to manage a thousand different things at once, but that is a skill that fades with time unless you constantly practice, and I confess that I haven’t.

What’s that? My point? Oh, yes, I was writing an apology, wasn’t I? Yes, well, I promise I will try harder to bring you new treasures far more often in the future. I’ll start right after the big barbeque we are hosting, then we have a quick trip on Sunday, Monday is my birthday….

Seriously folks, I’ll try to blog more regularly. Have any of you ever had life elbow your blog or your writing aside?

Oh, and if you have time, could you *like* my Amazon author page. The like button is near the top on the right hand side. Here’s the link: http://www.amazon.com/Prudence-MacLeod/e/B0079XOY8U


Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. Enjoy!

18 comments:

  1. It's hard to find focus at this time of year. Of course, yesterday it rained all day so I got a lot of stuff done...
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so guilty and don't even have a beach as excuse. If I did, well, I'm afraid even less would get done ... on the blog or anywhere else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only saving grace I have is the beaches are rocky. God help my poor blog if it was sandy.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a nagging blank blog page and a rampant case of procrastination. My excuse is shoulder surgery, which has reduced me to using a right-hand mouse with my left and persuading my arm sling it does not need to contribute random characters to whatever I'm writing. If I had a beach nearby I'd be hopeless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems I am in good company with this one. :) Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  4. I feel bad as well. My blog has been woefully abandoned. I may have some apologizing to do myself, especially to two young women that I left sitting on a rock listening to the Nazi's invade Luxembourg.... Hmmm, and yet ... I know I had a train of thought here....OOOH!! Fresh flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, such great relief is to be found in this post, Prudence! After all, it's not such a woeful condition if we all have the same pitiful affliction :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Barbara, we do seem to be in elite company, are we not?

    ReplyDelete
  7. No need to apologize, Prudence. Yep, I've had life elbow my blog and writing aside quite often lately. Plus all the social media, too. It's insane trying to keep up. Not to worry, though, because our peeps are always there for us when we get back. Your new profile pic looks good. Have fun at the BBQ and have a nice trip. Hope you have a wonderful BD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think a lot of people are feeling this way. I actually dropped down to two posts last week, and I'm thinking of keeping it that way for the summer. I figure if I am busier and spending less time inside, infront of a computer, it's probably the same for the readers. Maybe we all need to lighten our online load so that we can focus on the writing and living our lives, which includes enjoying summer. Then we can add the extra time back in when the days are shorter and colder and in front of the computer is where we all want to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Emma, we have to live our own lives as well as those of our characters.

      Delete
  9. If this post were on paper I'd beat myself over the head with it. I really need to get something out on Monday, but I've spent the weekend lying on the couch reading. I took a long break and it's been hard to get my blog mojo back. I want to, but so much distracts. It's not that much to ask my brain for two posts a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I'll send you a hard copy. Tee hee Just kidding. We do tend to beat ourselves up over it though, don't we.

      Delete
  10. First of all Happy Birthday. Hope it's wonderful. I've been away all weekend and have no clue about a blog for tomorrow. . . and I don't care. Funny how summer makes one lazy and relaxed and unconcerned. Don't fret the small stuff--and it's mostly all small stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest