Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Boats and Braids

{EAV:c5ae2bdec5b401dc


It was a wonderful start to the day. It was cold and rainy without a lot of promise, but that was soon to be dispelled. I drove to the docks to wait for a boat, and to my surprise, there she was just coming in.  Great, no waiting. Once I got aboard there was an even nicer surprise.


I had seen a school bus ahead of me on the road, but didn’t pay much attention. However, that bus had contained a large grade two class off to the city for a field trip. I discovered this as I entered the lounge to have my ears pleasantly assaulted with the excited chatter of the children. Get a room full of excited grade twos and you’ve got energy. I loved it.

If there is one thing in life I truly envy it is the way little girls can wear braids, and there were lots of braids in evidence. As the boat rolled in the swells the girls squealed with delight as they slid along the seats, their braids swinging gaily. Wooooo!  Heck, I even joined in once or twice.

All right, time for the ROW80 check-in.
The goals.

1.      Blog twice each week.
Got it, no problem. J

2.      Continue to read and comment on the blogs of my fellow writers
Still having fun with this one.

3.      Write at least 4K words per week.
Done and more. We have a new book getting ready for publication soon. Will tell more later in my next post.

4.      Read at least one book every two weeks.
I’m actually enjoying this one. No problems here either.

So, how is your week going folks? Are you writing lots, is it still fun? True confession, have you put your hair in braids lately? I’m seriously considering that for tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. The boat sounds fun. Especially with those kiddos. I love looking at things through the eyes of kids. Makes everything fresh, new and exciting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda, the kids were a blast all right. We were on the same boat coming back from town too. They were a little more frazzled, but still bubbling with energy. Sure perked up my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see you playing with the kids. Good mental pic! Glad you are able to meet your goals with less stress. It's summertime, not supposed to be stressing out! *ducks head sheepishly*
    YAY!!! Another Pru book!! Can't wait!!! Lemme know once you lock in a cover for it, I will update your link on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sis, yes I did enjoy the kids. Sending you a test cover for inspection.

      Delete
  4. Prudence, sorry my hair is too short to put up in braids, but writing is still great fun. Being on the water is one of my favorite things to do. Having a bunch of wild kids along just adds to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard, you would have loved it. How can you not smile when surrounded with all that laughter and enthusiasm? Short hair eh? I'll bet you were one of those little boys who liked to pull on braids. :)

      Delete
  5. How cute was that Prudence? I love children that age. Their innocence just attracts you. I'm sure the made the trip more interesting that's for sure! Enjoy your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, wouldn't you love to bottle some of that energy and save it for when you need it? Way better than coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss being able to wear braids too. I used to wear them when I was a kid, but I can't pull them off as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Marcy. Hey, I'm in my second childhood, think I can do braids now?

      Delete
  8. Hi Karen, yep, those kids made my day. Love all that enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest