Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Monday, June 11, 2012

New Book


Hi folks. Here’s a sneak peek at my next book, another Transgender romance, this time chronicling the struggles of a teenage girl to be. This is the third novel I wrote to honor my friend who took her own life. Some of her struggle is woven into this story. Through this simple tale I hope to shed some light into a seldom seen corner of our society. So, here’s the cover and an excerpt. With luck the book will be out by the end of this week or early next.



Smiling with child-like delight, Terry sat on the bed and carefully dumped out the contents of the envelope. There were several things there, including an eight by ten photograph of a very beautiful woman. It was just a head and shoulders shot, but he could easily see that she was dressed for a very formal occasion. There was also a sealed envelope addressed to ‘Whoever finds this.’  With a shrug, Terry tore it open.


“Hello, whoever you are,

Please don’t destroy this letter until you have read it through. I have placed these things here in hopes that a compassionate soul might someday find them. I plan to take my own life tonight, and I know they will obliterate every sign of my existence once they find the body. This envelope will contain all that’s left of a shadow human, one who existed only in hiding, haunted by fear and rejection, yet alive and real nonetheless. 
 
Here is my picture to prove it. There is also a small picture of my mother and father, as well as a few of me as a child. There is a lock of my baby hair, to which I will add a lock of my own now. There are dozens of other things that should be here as well, but they never did come into existence for me. My grandmother’s wedding ring is here, and so are the keys to that old Chevy that I had for so many years and loved so much. There is also the collar from my dog Sweetie Pie who died of old age last year. 

In truth, there is little else to put here, except this key. If you have access to the house that was my home, it may prove useful. There is a loose panel in the wall at the back of the closet.  Move it aside and there you will find a locked box which the key will fit. My diaries are in that box, and I beg you to read them before you burn the lot. I know I have no right to ask this of you, but this is my only chance to have a single human being truly understand that I ever existed at all.
In gratitude,
Charlene Gordon.”


Okay, on to the ROW80 goals

1.      Blog twice each week.
Did that.

2.      Continue to read and comment on the blogs of my fellow writers
I did manage this one.

3.      Write at least 4K words per week.
Got it last week and have 1K done for this week.

4.      Read at least one book every two weeks.
Reading “The River Knows” by Amanda Quick now. Love her books.

Okay folks, that's what I have been up to lately. What have you been doing? Are you keeping up with your ROW80 goals? Talk to me, it's lonely in here. :)

8 comments:

  1. busy busy person - that extract is intriguing - have sent it flying into cyberspace:) yes thanks just about keeping up-well not with bogging:( so much to do:) all the best for this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far this is the best of your tributes to your friend. I truly hope that a great many folks will remember Charlene and fall in love with Shelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sis. Folks, in case she didn't tell you, Charis is a great beta reader and editor. She has been helping me tidy up the final draft of Shelly.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I should mention, Charis' services are quite reasonable.

      Delete
  3. Busy busy busy here, too - unfortunately not on writing. Hopefully that will soon change.

    Congrats on the upcoming release! I still need to review Seela, which I also keep forgetting to tell you I read and enjoyed. What a lovely tribute to your friend, and one with the power to change minds - and hearts. Looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennette. Glad you enjoyed Seela. Shelly's Turn is the last of the three trans novels dedicated to Felicia. I think it is the best of the three, but I'll let the readers decide.
      Thanks for the great review of The First Key. That was awesome!

      Delete
    2. I agree. Shelly's Turn is the best of the three! Everybody keep your eyes open for it!!

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest