Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Things I Love #5, My Dogs.

Hi folks, time for another entry in the one hundred things I love. This time I will tell you a bit about my dogs. I love these wonderful beasts more than you might imagine. They are all rescues, cast aside as unwanted by others. Not to worry, it all turned out for the best. Friends say that they want to come back as one of my dogs in the next life.

These lads have been my constant companions for many years now. We had a few growing pains when they were young, but we got through it all together. They traveled with us to the Arctic and endured the winters there, they returned to the south with us and moved around without complaint.
By their very nature dogs are easy to love, for they dish it out constantly. It matters not if I have been gone from the house for ten hours or ten minutes, I get the same enthusiastic welcome when I return. It is the same when I awaken each morning. They know, even if I have not stirred, they know. They stretch, shake, then begin to nuzzle at me with wet noses and rub against me with warm furry bodies.
They are a mismatched pack, a lab, a retriever, a beagle daschund cross, and a small terrier, yet it works. When we go out for a walk they trot along beside me until I take off the leashes. Once loosed, the larger dogs run ahead and snuffle about while the two smaller boys lag behind a bit. They never get too far away for they are always watching to see what I will do, where I will go, then they sprint after me.
These guys have guarded our home, our property, and our lives. They enjoy our company as much as we enjoy theirs. They exercise me regularly, and do their best to keep me out of mischief. They are true loving companions. At the end of day they will settle down beside me, sigh deeply, as only a dog can, thump a tail on the floor then fall asleep with the ease of the truly innocent.
So here they are, my boys, Odie the Labrador, Bran, the retriever cross, Jocko the daschund/beagle cross, and Piper, the terrier mix. 

3 comments:

  1. And a fine pack they are, though in that picture it looks like Bran could use some glasses. Either that or he's been offended, I can't decide which. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of personality in one photo! They look like some very entertaining room mates. I'm glad you have such loyal companions to keep you company. I'm sure it is a very symbiotic relationship. Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs live in the 'now' ... they don't carry any baggage ... you gotta love that!

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest