Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Humbled


Sometimes life hands you a humble sandwich.  I had one last evening, and it tasted great.  Here’s how it happened.

I belong to a small writer’s group.  As the member who has published the most work, I was feeling a bit smug.  It was my turn to be the speaker, and my topic was “How to self publish on the internet.”  I had worked on my presentation, had made up handouts; I felt prepared.  All went well and I was extremely pleased with the results. 

After the presentation, as the conversation was in full swing, one young woman offered some of her work to read.  K (my partner) has a beautiful reading voice.  As her rich contralto filled the room with this woman’s wordcraft, a creation myth, we all sat spellbound.  The author is a gifted graphic artist, but this was amazing.  She paints with words.  As K read we were all transported to a more beautiful place.  There was reverent silence for moments when she stopped reading.

I swear I will do all in my power to convince that young author to publish something. That is a talent that should be shared with the world.  I am both amazed and humbled, yet I feel blessed to have been there for that reading.

As I have said many times before, I am not so much a writer as I am a storyteller.  At least my hat will fit again. 


Live long and prosper, dear friends.  May your days be blessed, Prudence

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly why I prefer stretchy hats, Prudence. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest