Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Book Review: Kissed by Darkness

                 Book Review:  Kissed by Darkness



One of the most recent books I have read, and by far the most entertaining, is Kissed by Darkness by Shea MacLeod. (no relation.) (honest!)
To begin, Shea’s style is intense and active.  It reminds me of Mickey Spillane’s Mike Hammer series. Kissed by Darkness hits the ground running and doesn’t stop until the end.
Morgan Bailey is a street wise detective who takes on the cases nobody else wants or dares to take. A girl with lightning reflexes and superior instincts, Morgan is, none the less, all too human.  Danger haunts her, exhaustion plagues her, and the supernatural is ever close at hand.
The plot seem almost predictable, until you get in a chapter or two, then it’s “What the heck???”  Where is she going with this?  Everywhere you don’t expect, that’s where.  There are more than enough twists and turns of plot here to keep any reader guessing.
My one complaint is the ending is an obvious set up for the sequel.  However, book two in the trilogy is due out in a few weeks, there’s just enough time to read (or re-read) Kissed by Darkness before it hits.

Kissed by Darkness can be found here:  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/70109

Find Shea MacLeod here:  http://sheamacleod.wordpress.com/

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :-) And it was an obvious set-up, wasn't it? Knew I'd get flack for that, BUT as you pointed out, the next book is out shortly. I'd have never have been so mean otherwise. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Shea. I think that's fair ball when you have rapid-fire releases like this. And Prudence, I couldn't agree more that this book rocked!

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest