Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Warming Up

Hi Folks,

Well, another week has passed in the summer that wasn't. I don't ever remember a summer where we had to keep turning on the heat. Crazy stuff. The end result is the garden is growing much slower than desired. 

However it is growing and August is looking up. I didn't need a jacket on when I took the dogs out this morning. Looks like things might be warming up a bit.

On the home front, K's knee is slowly but steadily improving. Last night she walked .75 of a kilometer. We were at the Air Strip, and the horses in the pasture nearby all came to the fence to listen to her sing. Girl has an awesome voice.




ROW80

This past week made up for the one before. I managed to get about 8K words written and am closing in on the end of this draft. Once it is finished I'll put it aside for a few weeks then take another look at it before sending it off to the editor. (Okay, yes, I am the type who will spend the day cleaning my house before the cleaning lady comes.)

Anyway, next week's target is another 2500 words and hoping to make The End the last two of them.

Here's hoping you all enjoy unprecedented success and happiness this coming week. May you smile at the end of each day and say, "Life is good."

Bless
Pru 

5 comments:

  1. Yay, exciting times! Best of luck getting to The End.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a roller coaster of temperatures, but August is also looking up. First summer is a while that my lawn doesn't looked burnt by August. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, I agree. The grass is the only dang thing growing with an enthusiasm at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're cold and we're roasting. The weather is crazy. Your garden looks great by the way. And with everything going on, you still managed to get 8k in the week. Fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen. Looks like out cool summer is gone and the heat is here. Also, with K's knee surgery and staying close to help her, my word count will be way down this week for sure. Ah well, life's like that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest