Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Secondary Characters


Hi folks,

Well, here we are again, working on the writing process. So, in previous posts we developed our main character and started her story rolling. Now we're going to let her interact with some folks. Of these, let's introduce somebody who can be a help to her.


We know she's had a troubled past, so the helper should be somebody who knows, remembers, and is a bit sympathetic. Maybe the man who was sheriff at that time in the past. 

Fair enough, so who is he and what's he like? I don't know about you, but I work better if I have a visual. I was sitting at the computer, trying to dream up my sheriff, and listening to music. There it was. Hoyt Axton singing about Della and the Dealer. I had a clear visual of him in Gremlins. Oh yeah, there's my retired sheriff. All I had left to do was let him say, "Hello."

Okay, so we have our girl in purple leather, the homecoming, and an old friend. Next week we'll meet someone who will throw a wrench into the quiet life she's trying to build.  

Can't wait for this painful process to work through? Pick up a copy of Hell Comes Home here.

Okay, so that was a bit of shameless self promotion. So, by way of apology I'll confess I am working on the sequel to Lady Blue. Maybe I'll give you a peek into what got that one going one day.

ROW 80 check in:

I set the course of this round as a finish the WIP I had on the go. I did that faster than I'd hoped. It's sitting on the computer, waiting for me to forget it then go back with fresh eyes.
This past week I started a new story, the sequel to Lady Blue. I am thrilled to say I already have 10K words on the WIP. Next week's target will be to add another 2500 words to that.

So, that's it for now. I hope all your writing adventures are wildly successful. Drop by and let me know how you're doing.

Bless
Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest