Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Roller Coaster Week


Hi Folks,
This March reminds me of March in the Arctic; bitter cold and yet sunny days. It always looks so inviting outside until you step through the door. March is also the time when you’re getting sick of winter and every little thing drives you crazy.

I have to tell you, it was an up and down kind of week, so very typical of March. We had power interruptions, frozen pipes, ice in the harbour, bad news, and unexpected delays on many things as well as small computer issues.


On the bright side, we also had a new book successfully launched with an awesome cover, Kathy’s birthday to celebrate and a fun trip to the city. To top it off, I still came close to my writing targets and we found time to play.


Photos by Charis Maloy. Look her up on Facebook for more great pics from this gifted young photographer.


On to the ROW80 check in.

This past week we launched the first in a new series of romance novels. I am thrilled to say Old Family Mansion is doing well and life is good. Thank you one and all who shared my post about the launch and help spread the word. You folks rock!



On to my writing goal of 10,000 words. With all that happened, I came up short with just over 9,000, but I’m more than happy with that. With a bit of work I can easily catch that up this coming week.
This week’s target is another 10,000 words on the second book of the Haunted Quest Series. Wish me luck.

Now it’s your turn, drop me a line and let me know how you’re getting on. I do love to hear from all of you.

Until next week,
Bright Blessings

Pru

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your release! And awesome on your 9k!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind thoughts Erin. bright Blessings upon you. :)

      Delete
  2. Here's to next week not having as many winter-related problems! I'm heartily sick of winter, too, as I often am in March.
    Good job seeing the bright side, though, Pru. I need to work on that a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, yeah, March can't march away fast enough. tee hee

      Delete
  3. Hi Prudence. Sometimes you have to have those roller coaster weeks. Spring weather can do that to a person. Warm one day, pouring rain or snow the next. Keeps you on your toes.

    Good job on your writing goals.

    Patricia Rickrode
    w/a Jansen Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia. When I went out this morning, the island was completely surrounded by ice. Yep, I'm ready for Spring all righty. :)

      Delete
  4. Surrounded by ice. Burrrrr!!!! Lovely Prudence. Yes, you need spring. Yet, with all of that chaos, you wrote 9,000 words. I think that is impressive girl. But you always seem to hit or come close to your goals. Why am I not surprised? You're an example Pru to many of us. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Karen. we went to the city for groceries today, but the winds came up and jammed the ice hard against the island. We were very lucky to get back. The boats are shut down now due to ice and high winds. Lady March is not a friendly gal in this part of the world. (More writing time, I guess.)

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest