Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Face Plant and Pallet

Hi Folks,

Well, another action packed week has gone by, and as usual not much went according to plan. For example, early in the week I decided to take the dogs for a walk in the snowfall. It was a light powder and they love to play in it. Partway through I stepped onto a frozen puddle that was hidden under the fresh falling snow.


I’m pretty good at a breakfall, but it didn’t work this time. As I tried to absorb the fall with my arms, my hands slipped apart and it was face first into the snow and ice. No, I will not show you a picture of that. Sheesh. The resulting damage was a few bruises, a sprained left elbow, and a badly bruised pride. Sigh


Now, on to the good stuff. The winter has been colder than usual and we have gone through more fire wood than expected. So, what to do? Well, we bought a truckload of old pallets ( see above) and began to cut them up for fire wood. Some of the better ones that have been heat treated (not chemical treated) we are saving to make planters and raised bed out of in the spring.

A smiling Katherine in our makeshift wood shed.



And now for the ROW80 check in.
From a writer’s perspective this has been a week of ups, downs, and twists, but it is all working out for the best.

Number one. That novella I’ve been promising no longer exists. It has now reached novel length. Here’s what happened. As Charis was editing the story she has lots of great ideas about how to expand this part, that part, and she wanted a new character to take a big part. What???

I was lost, all my thoughts were on the new series and I couldn’t get my head back where it needed to be, and then it hit me. I often thought about collaborating with another author and here was the chance. I told her to have a go at it and it is becoming a much better story. So, look for the new novel to appear later this week or early next. It’s going to be great and will be co-authored by Crystianna Crawford. It’s title is, Frankie.

Okay, number two, the current WIP (Book one of the new series) is now over 30K words.

The target for this week is to get the WIP over 40K and to have Frankie ready for you to read.

Now it’s your turn; as we say in Newfoundland, What are ye at, my dears? Drop me a line; I love to hear from you.

Until next week
Bright Blessings
Pru


11 comments:

  1. Wow, so much to do! I love co-authoring, it's such a great way to take away from the alone-time writing :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Laila. I can't wait to see what she's done with it. :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a lot going on. The cold and snow has been crazy here, too. Killed one of our cars :( but the writing continues.
    I wish you the best this month with your writing goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Skye. The cold days are a good excuse to hide out at the keyboard, right?

      Delete
  3. Ooh! Another week to wait, but then a longer book. What a trade off. I bet it will be worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gordon, I'm so sorry to be driving you crazy like this. I'll write faster, I promise. Tee hee

      Delete
  4. So sorry about your tumble. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    You know, we cut up old pallets for wood, too. Lots of placed around my town, just give them away, all you have to do is come pick them up. It all burns.

    Stay warm and walk carefully.

    Patricia Rickrode
    w/a Jansen Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am it all burns and makes the cottage all warm and cozy, well worth the work. Thanks for the well wishes. For an old gal I still bounce back pretty quick. All better now and ready to take on the next snowfall. :)

      Delete
  5. Ow! A few weeks ago, I had one of those spills (and I'm not nearly even adequate at breakfall); I commiserate with your pains, Pru. I hope all those bruises heal quickly,

    On the good side, that's wonderful news about "Frankie" and the new project. Best of luck on both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eden. Breakfall was the first (and only) thing I ever learned in Judo. it has saved my bacon many times over the years. I'm all healed up and ready to roll once again, but you can bet I'll be more careful of where I walk.

      On the bright side, I'm really getting excited about the two projects and can't wait to share them with the world.

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest