Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Rainy Day


Hi folks,
It’s a cold rainy day here. I won’t bother showing you a picture as I’m sure you can picture it in your mind easily enough. The bright side of it all is I’ve got lots of writing done today. Yay me. J
Anyway, yesterday was a different matter, clear and cold. Of course me and the boys took advantage of a chance for a walk in the sun.


Last week I got a flat tire on my car. Since it flattened in the driveway I thought nothing of it, just call my buddy in the garage down the street and get it fixed. That was the beginning of the downward spiral for the poor old car. (and my bank book) He tried to pump up the tire to drive the car to the garage where he could fix it easily. No go, the hole was too big.
He jacked up the car and took the tire to the shop. The hole was still too big and the sidewall was ruined. I ordered two new snow tires. He got them in and tried to mount one on the injured side. Couldn’t do it. That’s when he noticed the broken coil spring that had punched through the first tire.
He then tried to take off the spring to order a new one, but the entire strut assemble was rusted out. Car you see where this is going? Argh. Anyway, by tomorrow I will have two great new tires and a new strut. (And an empty checking acct.) Sigh. Ah well, it has kept me home and at the computer.

Now for the ROW80 check-in


The projected release date for the new novella had to be pushed back a week because of illness. (Not mine, thanks) However, I have high hopes for later this week which will still make it a January release.
On the new book front I have managed over 12K words on the new project along with some savage plotting. I am well pleased with that.
Next week’s target is another 10K words and a book release. Wish me luck.
Okay, so now it’s your turn. What have you all been up to? Drop me a line and let me know. I do love to hear from you.

Bright Blessings

Pru

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your car, Pru! I remember a '73 Chevy Nova I had way back...what a money trap. And of course I was broke at the time. Every new rattle or shudder while driving it would just make my jaw clench. But now I've got great stories to tell! Think of it as fab fodder to writing. Hang in there, and good luck with next week's goals and your new release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, K.B. I've had several cars with character, shall we say? Let's do a book together... Junkers I have Known. hehehe

      Delete
  2. Pru, feel free to post a picture of rain my friend. We on the west coast have received nada. No rain. Which means major drought. Glad you got out with your boys. But sorry to hear about your car troubles. Ugh. It seems that one thing leads to another. Nothing is simple...or cheap anymore. But at least you are able to drive around with safe tires. Safety is worth all cost. Well, almost. Take care and stay warm! :)

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest