Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Mayhem, disaster, and rolling blackouts, welcome to 2014.

Hi folks,

Mayhem, disaster, and rolling blackouts, welcome to 2014. Let me tell you how 2014 started for us. Jan. 02. I arose early to feed the dogs as usual. No Water. So, fed the dogs then went under the house to see what was what. Yep, frozen. In my attempts to free up the pipes the valve connecting us to the town water supply exploded.

Great. K called the town to come shut off the water while I went to buy a new valve. We then searched for and found the outside shut off and dug it out. By noon we had a new valve installed and by four we had water back. Fun what.

However, it wasn’t over. Jan. 04 an arctic storm blew in with a vengeance. This time the drain pipe from the kitchen froze as did the pipes to the laundry. As I was trying to deal with that the power company had a massive failure. Thank the gods for the wood stove. 

While so many others were huddling in warming centers we were snug as bugs with a roaring fire in the stove. I sat in a comfortable chair, surrounded by sleeping dogs and cats while the family played Canasta by candle light. Their laughter and warm loving banter gave me warm fuzzies all over.

I won’t bother with the snow issues as others have covered that on Facebook all too well. Yep, we’re off to a roaring start.

Now, before another rolling blackout hits, I’ll outline my writing goals for 2014.

Here’s the plan and I will be the first to admit it is a bit ambitious.

 The first thing is to begin a number of revisions and upgrades to some of my earlier work. This has already begun with the release of Lady Blue which was originally released as Gifted.

The second part of the plan is to complete a five book series of romance novels.

The third part of the plan is to write and release two stand-alone books, one a romance and one action adventure.

Well there it is. I will admit I have other project running through my head, but this is all I am willing to commit to at the moment. Now if only the power company can get its ducks in a row… if I have to do all that long hand …. Grrrrr. Tee hee

Here’s hoping each and every one of you has a stellar year in 2014. Drop by and say hello; I love to hear from you.

Bright Blessings

Pru

7 comments:

  1. Good gravy, what a mess. We had a nasty storm here in Northern California the first week of December with same type stuff. After about a week it blew East and South and now, a month later we have almost 70 degrees. Everything and everyone is confused. The skiiers were looking forward to an awesome ski season, the water outlook for the summer looked great. Now, we're worried about drought - again - and people are walking around in shorts and tank tops.

    I'm glad you're all safe and warm. With impressive goals like that, you've no need to go out in the elements. Just stay in and write.

    Here's hoping there's no more surprises.

    Happy new year, Prudence!

    Oh - and I love the cover!

    Patricia Rickrode
    w/a Jansen Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia. We're fine and it is warming up a bit, but we're a long way from the 70s. Wow. That tough. Snow we can shovel and melt for water. Drought is scary. Hope it snows lots for you. :)

      Delete
  2. What a mess Pru. Y'all are being plummeted by sub-zero temperatures and lots of snow. Yay for wood stoves! But frozen pipes are a nightmare. Glad to hear you've thawed out. I, like Patricia, am looking at above normal temps and drought. No rain or snow = no water. It's the worst drought conditions in California ever. But we're warm! I guess you can't have everything, eh? So keep stoking that fire Prudence. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. I do understand that we are lucky water wise. Enjoy your warm days and we'll all pray for a rainy summer for you. :)

      Delete
  3. "The second part of the plan is to complete a five book series of romance novels"

    Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Gordon. There'll be a new romance out this month then the first of the five should appear in February. Hope you enjoy them.

      Delete
  4. Hi Skip, the weather here seems to be just a colder version of yours. One day we get -309 and two days later it's raining. Then back to the deep freeze we go. Hmmm, sounds like good weather to stay inside and write. :)

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest