Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Success


Hi Folks,
It’s been a crazy, busy, week, but it was also a successful week. As I often say, “Ya gotta love it when it works.” And work it has. Last Sunday we put up Frankie and Frankie is being good to us. Here’s a line from our first review.
This book is more of a thriller than a romance.”
So, heeeerrrrrreeeeees Frankie.


Now, while Frankie was basking in the warmth of cyberspace and the virtual bookshelf, here’s what Mother Nature had in store for us. Snow, sleet, hail, and freezing rain as well as ice in the harbour. In spite of it all we did manage one trip to the city for groceries. However, I confess as much of the week as possible was spent inside by the fire.




Now for a ROW80 Check In


Speaking of hiding out inside, I did get lots of writing done. My current WIP now stands at 50,000 words and counting. Here’s a quick peek from the rough draft.

It took him only a few moments to find the second door and push his way through. What he saw as he entered took his breath away for a moment. She was standing at the base of the stairs, a feather duster in her hand and the fading rays of sunlight dancing on her hair like a halo. The girl was all delicious curves and had large liquid brown eyes with the longest lashes he had ever seen. Jace took a moment to appreciate the vision before him. And then she spoke in a demanding voice.
“Who are you? What are you doing here?”
“I’m Jace Harper and I own the place,” he said with a grin. “Who are you and what are you doing here?”
“I’m Mara O’Grady,” she replied, blushing softly. “I guess I’m trespassing.”

Okay, the goal for this coming week is to hit 60,000 words. Wish me luck. J
Oh, with a bit of luck we should have another newsletter out this week too. You can sign up for the newsletter at the top right of the page; just click on my smiling face.

Now how about you folks, what have you been up to? What exciting things are happening for you? Come on, talk to me, you know you want to. J

Until next week,
Bless,

Pru

6 comments:

  1. well done on book:) that snippet was intriguing on the draft - America the land of ice and snow this year and UK the land of floods and gales - roll on spring eh? all the best with coming week's goals:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alberta. I've seen a few pictures of Britain's troubles. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book sounds intriguing, and it looks like you're making great progress on your WIP. Nice twist in the snippet above. ;)

    Congrats! Have a great week, Pru!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise, I'll pop out another tease next week. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

      Delete
  4. This is so like you Prudence. Never let the weather get you down. You guys have been freezing to death there and yet you keep pumping out those words. Look at your word count. I'm cheering you on for 60,000! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, Thanks for the kind words. I'm used to these winters so I have learned to make time to write. Old Man Winter doesn't make things easy though.

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest