Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Good Stuff Happening

Hi folks,

We’re closing in on the launch date for our latest book, Claimstake. We’re shooting for September 22nd and I don’t see any reason we shouldn't make it.
Claimstake is the fourth book in the Nova series. In it I have dealt with a couple of bad guys life has thrown at me. No, not in real life, but in World of Warcraft. I have changed these guys a bit and wrote them in just to deal with their bad attitude. Hehehe... If you’re a player, you will probably recognize a couple of small details that give me away as somewhat addicted to the game.




All right, it’s teaser time. A warrior woman with a patch over one eye walks into a mess hall followed by a large green alien. No one has ever seen an alien before…

Several people were already in the kitchen enjoying a meal when Deann entered followed by Krak’sul and the three hunters, one grizzled old fellow and two females. The room fell silent and everyone stared. Sensing the unease of the Greens, Deann spoke up. 
“What are you all staring at? Is it my eye patch? Is it?”

She turned to Krak’sul. “They’re staring at my patch, aren’t they?”

“It must be the patch, Lady Death. There is nothing else unusual here.”

“Maybe it’s my scar,” she said as she turned back to the room. “Is that it? Is it my scar?”

“It’s not your scar,” said Tarah as he squeezed past the Greens to grab a plate and start filling it, “it’s your nipples showing through that shirt. They sure got my attention.” 

There were a few nervous snickers as she put her fists on her hips and glared at him.

Okay, that’s enough of a peek for now; I’ll give you another look between the covers next week. Now on to the ROW80 check-in.


I spent a lot of time this past week working on the studio extension, but I did manage to get some writing done. I touched on three different stories before settling on the sequel to Hunter as my next writing project. I managed to get four thousand words written on it this week.


 You might also want to sign up for our newsletter. There’s lots of good stuff in it that rarely makes it to the blog, and each time there’s a coupon for a free book.

So, drop me a line to let me know what you’re up to.

Bless

Pru

3 comments:

  1. I really liked Novan Witch - glad to see you're continuing the series! I need to get Book 2 next, however. Keep up the good work on getting the words down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jennette, sign up for my newsletter. There'l be a coupon for a free copy of book two in the next issue. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting the next book out, Pru. You are just rolling along, and getting the extension done, too! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest