Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, November 30, 2014

In a Fog

Hi folks,

Please understand, this is not a ploy for sympathy, nor is it me making excuses. I'm just trying to express where I've been the past couple of weeks. One of our beloved dogs died in our arms of a heart attack, and I've been lost in a fog ever since.

Yes, a fog, a fog of grief. A big piece of my daily life is missing. I often find myself just gazing mindlessly into space, unable to focus, to hold a single thought before it evaporates into oblivion. I see him from the corner of my eye, or will suddenly realize that sound isn't him breathing beside my chair.

We had a snowfall and yesterday was the first time in twelve years we've gone for a walk in the snow without him. It was different. The others dogs snuffled about, enjoying the day, and I confess I did too, but as I called them in, I almost called his name and yes, I did look for one more.

I have three more dogs, all old, and I am well aware that this will happen again all too soon. However, this is a pack of rescues, I knew this day would come, and will come again all too soon. I knew this when we rescued them, and I know we will do it again.

I also know I have to pull myself out of this and get back to work. I am trying.

Bless
Pru


15 comments:

  1. I'm so very sorry. That feeling--being in a fog--is a normal response, and it sucks. I pray that soon that fog will give way for the happy memories. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I know this will pass, been here before, but it's still tough.

      Delete
  2. Many hugs. It is never easy to lose a bit of our heart. I still look for the dogs I've lost over the years, and still think of them often -- sometimes with tears, sometimes with laughs. I have a group of 'seniors' here, myself, and each day with them is a blessing. The fog will lift in its own time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myrandommuse, us seniors and packs have a lot of this to face. We shall soldier on.

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about your dog! Pets have such a limited time with us, and when they die they leave a huge hole in your heart. Even if you don't realize it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Pru :-( I'm so sorry for your loss. You have to give yourself time to grieve without guilt. I wish I could say something that would ease that sadness, but I know from experience only time can do that. (((hugs))) to your whole pack. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon. I'm rereading Karma now 'cause it's a great story featuring an older dog. :) It actually helps.

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been there. Our pets become members of our family, and so it's devastating to lose them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcy. Yes indeed, they truly are family and they do understand the concept.

      Delete
  7. Oh Pru, I am so sorry to hear this. And you're not the only one that misses him. Your other furry friends notice too. It's going to take a while to adjust. I'm glad you got a chance to go for a walk amongst the snow and nature. That sometimes can be very healing. Hang in there girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Pru, I'm so sorry about your beloved pup. Sounds like he had a very happy life with you and his pack-mates. Hugs. <3

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest