Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, August 17, 2014

It Ain't Funny

Hi Folks,

I woke up to the voice of Willie Nelson running through my head. "Ain't it funny how time slips away." Right. As I stood up and gravity seized my body, stuffing it back into it's usual form from the sweet comfortable form it achieves in sleep I grumbled, "Ain't nothing funny about it, Willie. Gravity sucks."


You see, at this age, it takes a few minutes to get the old bones back in motion. That once graceful leap from the bed and gazelle like dancing strides to the bathroom have somehow morphed into the lumbering struggle of a hibernating bear to force itself from the cave in the spring. The swift strides have changed from the hustle to the shuffle.

However, like a beloved old car, once you give the engine a few minutes to warm up, there's a sweet satisfaction to just being awake on the right side of the soil. The four dogs doing the pee pee dance by the door brings the first of many smiles for the day and reminds me that my my favorite saying is so very true. "Life is good."

So, on with the day and on with the ROW80 writer's report. Here's what's going on at the desk of Prudence MacLeod.

After a long and somewhat intense meeting with my editor and marketing adviser, (Which I believe I mentioned before) my past health issues have forced changes upon us this year. It has been a long empty summer for the people who have become accustomed to a new book or two from me. However, the drought will soon be over. My current WIP now stands at 62K words and the editor has two in hand for the fall already.

So, weekly progress, 8K words. The target for the coming week is only 4K as I have a busy week ahead of me.

Well, that's it for me this week. I hope you folks are having a great and productive summer. Drop me a line and let me know how you're getting on. I do love to hear from you.

Bless
Pru


Pru's ads.
Click on any book cover to be taken to it's point of sale on Amazon.com. My books can also be found on Smashwords, Sony, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Apple, Diesel, and many others.

Also here's the link to my newsletter. They come out infrequently, but will keep you up to date on publishing goals, books in progress, as well as content that does not appear elsewhere about day to day life here on my island of stone. As well we always include a coupon for a free book. Sign up today. Just click on my picture at the top right of the page.

4 comments:

  1. Aw Pru, it does take a body a moment or two to get going these days, doesn't it? Yep, I'm feeling it also. So glad you have your puppies to give you a lift in the mornings. Well, I imagine throughout the day really. And it's good to see that you don't let health issues stand in your way. Yes, they can kick us right off of our feet sometimes. But you never give up. You are a writing machine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, thanks for the pep talk. Once again you manage to pick me up and get me going. Thanks, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I woke this morning with an aching back - the result of a few injuries, getting older, and scoliosis that tweaks the bottom of my spine off to the left...

    It eases up - but that walk to the bathroom is definitely a shuffled, hunched tribute to gravity...

    Sounds like you're moving forward in a realistic way. May it get a bit easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely, Shan. The early morning singing song has morphed into the early morning shuffle along. Ah the golden years. hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest