Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Friday, June 6, 2014

Writing Process

Hi folks,

Today is something a bit unusual for me. Today's post is part of a blog hop. I'll answer four questions below. This will give you a window into  how I do what I do. I'll also post links to some other great writers so you can see their process and compare. I warn you, the mind of a writer is a unique thing and everybody works differently. So, here we go.
Me, hard at work.


1. What are you currently working on?
Right now I'm finishing up the fixes and rewrites for my next release, Blue Rider. By next week I expect to be working on the third book in the Haunted Treasure Series.

2.How does your writing process work?
My process is pretty primitive. I walk dogs, knit, play World of Warcraft, or sit and stare out the window until an idea hit. It usually doesn't take very long. Once I have the idea I jot it down in a fresh notebook then set up the document in the computer. Once I have the format set I celebrate with chocolate.
From that point, I sit to the computer each morning until I have a minimum of two thousand words written. Simple as that. I write the first draft from beginning to end, no plotting, no planning, just tell the story.
Once I have a first draft then I go back through it and clean it up, fix the boo-boos that I find and send it to the editor. We then go back and forth until we are both satisfied it is ready. That's it, the whole process.

3.How does your work differ from others of its genre?
I'm not truly sure how to answer that. Perhaps that's best left to my readers to answer. However, I will tell you, I don't like cliff hangers, even if the book is in the middle of a series. Each book I write comes with a satisfactory conclusion. The reader will know there is more to come, but there is breathing room.

4.Why do you write what you do?
The simple answer, I can't help it, I just have to. I began years ago when a friend told me I should write a self help book. That was a bust. Instead I started writing romance so I could share the things I have learned about creating a happy and fulfilling life through story telling. I moved on to sci-fi / adventure because I love it and now I usually blend the two. What can I say, I love telling stories.

Okay, that's how it works for me, folks, now, please go check out these awesome authors to see how they do it. I know I'm going to.

Deborah McKnight
http://dsmcknight.blogspot.ca/2014/05/the-writing-team-hl-carpenter-has-been.html

Beth Camp
http://bethandwriting.blogspot.ca/

Annette Drake
http://annettedrake.com/?tag=bone-girl

Okay folks, that's about it. I say again, check out these writers, they've written some magical things. I know my To Be Read pile just got bigger.

Bless, Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest