Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Old Dogs and a ROW80 Check-in

Hi folks, 

This past week Charis managed something I have failed to do in the past ten years; get the dogs to pose for a portrait. So, I want to share this with all of you. These are the guys I'm always talking about. They're old now, but old dogs have a special energy that I love. Older dogs are a true gift. So, in order of age, here they are.


This is Piper, a terrier cross, small of stature, but not in attitude. He's the eldest at thirteen.


This handsome lad is Jokko, a Beagle/ Dachshund cross at twelve. J.O is a true inspiration, no matter how hard life knocks him down, he gets right back up again.


This is Bran at eleven. He's a mixed breed of some sort and the sweetest natured dog I have ever known, but he can get into mischief. He adores small children and sings Klingon Opera if one goes by and he doesn't get to meet them.


Last is Odie, at eleven. Odie, a black lab, was abused, shot in the face with buckshot and left for dead as a young dog. As you can see by the mischief in that one good eye, there's lots of life left in this big guy. We call him Mr. Happy because his tail is always wagging.

So there you have it, my fur babies. They've been a handful over the years, but they've truly enriched our lives. Worth every moment.

Now for the ROW80 Check-in.

I'm patting myself on the back today because, in spite of a day lost in town, plus painting the kitchen, I did manage to hit my target. Ten thousand words on the third book in the Haunted Quest Series. Five books are planned and I am well on the way. Yay me.

Okay, that's enough gloating. Book two hasn't been seen by the editor yet, my celebration may be a bit premature. cringe.

So, next week's target is the usual ten thousand words. Wish me luck. 

Well, that's it for me this week folks, drop by and say hello; I do love to hear from you.

Bright Blessings
Pru

5 comments:

  1. I love your old dogs. How sweet that you've given them all a warm and loving home.

    I have a 10-year-old lab, who still acts like a puppy. He's full of mischief as well (he loves to eat the trash). Always gotta keep an eye on him.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Patricia Rickrode
    w/a Jansen Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia, yep, labs grow older but they never grow up. Odie is still full of mischief.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing those pictures of your boys Pru. They have the sweetest faces. Dogs are just the coolest animals and are so good to have around. How many times have they lifted your spirits, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, they have lifted my spirits and enriched my life more times then I can count. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh I love your boys Prudence! We love our fur babies too. Little Neela, the long haired tabby that harasses Princess Gabby (at least she thinks she's a princess) the Pekingese.

    Hugs,
    Morgan Dragonwillow

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest