Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Inspiration



Hi Folks,

It’s April and after five months of snow storms, it’s been nice to see the sun and feel a warm rain again. The snows are nearly gone and I can’t say I’m sorry to see them go. I actually got to wear my new spring jacket to town Thursday. Yep, cheap thrills. Tee hee

Speaking of thrills, check out Old Family Mansion. (shameless self promotion time)






As most writers know, inspiration can come from anywhere. Here’s an example. While accompanying Charis through a camera shop a young man commented on the necklace I was wearing. (A Viking knit from The Purple Raven) as we talked about jewelry he told me of how he cannot wear most metals, they tarnish and pit within hours.  

Apparently, he has a rare body chemistry that causes the effect. He said they call him a ruster. I warned him he would end up in a book in the near future. Keep an eye out for Rusty when I switch back from romance to sci-fi. There have been stories running through my head ever since that conversation.


ROW80

Okay, now for the check-in. In spite of enjoying the milder weather and still fighting that damned cough, I did manage the ten thousand word count I set as my weekly target. Go me. J I am past the midway point on the second book of the new series. Old Family Mansion will be followed by The Blue Rider sometime in the next few months. Keep an eye out.

On another note, we recently re-released Phoenix with a new cover and it is finally starting to get the recognition it deserves. Life is good.


So, for this coming week…yep another ten thousand words or bust. That’s the target. So, until next week, drop by and say hello; I’d love to hear from you.

Bright Blessings
Pru


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations - on your new book, new release cover and achieving your goals. Love the story of how inspiration found you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverley, yes, inspiration hits me at the darndest times and places. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I want to meet Rusty -- fictionally! I loved that story about how and where inspiration finds you. May the week be full of book sales and big word counts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth, I'll keep you posted about when Rusty will show up. :)

      Delete
  3. Yes, you are an inspiration Pru! Even if you're not feeling up to par, you still reach your goals. So glad you're thawing out in your neck of the woods. I would think you've had your fill of snow. Send some moisture our way! And this Rusty character sound very interesting. No telling what you'll do with that. Keep it up Pru! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Karen, I'll do my best to send some of this darn rain, drizzle, and fog to you. (After it finishes melting all the snow.)

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest