Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Moment in Time



Well folks, here we are in October and I’m still poking through the cupboards, looking behind the door, and checking my pockets to see where I managed to lose September. Where did it go? I dunno. Ah well, on with the show.


We’ve had some beautiful weather recently, the cool crisp kind that I love. We were walking the dogs in the hills the others day, sun shining, wind blowing, white caps on the bay dancing merrily, and the gulls’ lonely calls. That’s when I did one of those time shifts we old folks do.

Suddenly I was ten years old again, walking the endless and empty beaches of my youth, the wind in my hair and the sun warm on my shoulders. I felt again the vastness of the universe and the timelessness of that single moment of true bliss, that purest joy in being alive. The care, worry, and stress disappeared and so did my arthritis, at least for a time. 

The spell was broken by a Labrador who wanted to play stick, but I didn’t mind. I was just soul deep grateful to be alive to experience that moment. As I often say, “Life is good!”

ROW80 Check-in.


Yes! I did it this time. I reached my goal of 15,000 words this week. Now to do it again. I also managed to check in on a few blogs and say hello. Not as many as I’d like, but I managed some.

Be sure to sign up for my newsletter; there’ll be more good stuff there from upcoming books and life around the island. The link is at the top of the page. Just click on my smiling face and away we go.

Now it’s your turn; drop me a line to let me know how you’re making out. I love to hear from you all.

Bless
Pru


1 comment:

  1. I know Prudence, where did September go? Poof! I've never seen a month go by so fast. Your weather sounds wonderful. Fall is a beautiful time of year. Enjoy! Oh, and keep those fingers flying on the keyboard! You go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest