Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Garden Inspector


 Hi folks. This has been a bit of a busy week here on the island.  Yes indeed, we were busy beavers. Tee hee  It rained a lot so we got lots of work done on the newsletter and managed to get June’s issue out before July got here. That was a bonus.


My long neglected house has received a thorough cleaning and I actually got some writing done.

On the other hand, I awoke yesterday to find the government garden inspector outside. He was doing his usual spring clandestine inspection of the crops grown locally. The carrots and lettuce have poked up through the ground now so we’ve been expecting him. I’m quite sure he’ll be back soon for a taste test.

This guy might think all his special spy training will work, but I have sharp eyes and I know when I’m being watched. I even got a picture of the beast this time.  Look close and see if you can spot him.



Now for the ROW80 confession.

Forgive me, fellow writers, for I have sinned. Even though I seemed to have more time to write, I got bogged down on one scene. The official count for this week is a mere 4K. I have managed to read and comment on a blog a day though, sometimes more. I will try harder next week.
Speaking of the monthly newsletter (yes I was) each issue contains an excerpt from an upcoming novel. There is also other content only seen by the folks who get the letter so, sign up now.  The link is at the top right of the page.

Now dear friends, what have you all been up to? I do love to hear from you so please don’t be shy. (Okay, so I need new material for my stories. Come on, people, share your deepest secrets, I won’t tell, honest.)

4 comments:

  1. At least this week wasn't officially a ROW80 week... (though I'm not convinced that we ever really have time off as writers) It was break week. Though idea of cleaning the house and finding one's self ready to write in a ready retreat (without all the packing) sounds wonderful!

    As for the inspector... yep--we've a few of them here too. Our cat caught one the other day. For a stray who adopted us, she's quite protective of the garden. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eden, thank you so much, a reprieve is what I needed this week. About the inspector, we have four dogs, but the inspector still spends most nights under the front porch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a good productive weekend. Now back to the writing.

    Patricia Rickrode
    w/a Jansen Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Ma'am, I type as we speak. hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest