Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Making Progress

Hi folks, we had a few rainy days last week, but the weekend has come out sunny (sort of) and the building of the studio extension is progressing nicely. (Better than my WIP) Yesterday we put in the windows and door. See?



Today has been an effort to get the siding on. Yep, we’re getting there.

K has been making rhubarb jam, but even after the harvest the plant looks the same. You can’t even tell where she pulled the stalks for the jam. Awesome.

This summer I plan to dig up more of that blasted excuse for a lawn and plant more food. Grow food, not lawns! Not only do you get free food, but look at all the money you save on lawn care.

On to ROW80.


 Sadly, I must admit to a slow week this week. I think I’m safe to claim 4K words and a number of blogs read and commented on, but that’s about all. Too much of my writing time fell to unexpected trips to town and other errands this past week. (the dentist for example)

The plan for the upcoming week is a bit more self-discipline and a bit more progress on the WIP. I also hope to get some work done on the June edition of the newsletter.

So tell me what you’ve been up to this week. Having barrels of fun I hope. Let me know how you’re doing, I love to hear from you.


Don’t forget to sign up for the newsletter (top right of the page). There’s news, views, and other stuff in there that you can’t find anywhere else. J

9 comments:

  1. The studio is looking mighty sweet. I think you have enough going on just getting that done. Summer isn't just about goals (I should know!). Summer is about enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, I have always enjoyed building stuff. I do plan to scale back the writing a bit for the few summer months we get here. I want to play outdoors for a while.

      Delete
  2. Hey Prudence, it's really coming along. Looks great. Quite a project you've taken on. Looks like it's almost finished. And you're still pushing the rhubarb I see. I see lots of pie and jam in your near future. lol. Me? I'm having a great visit with my sister and took a quick break to come by and say hi! Have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your visit! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm loving your studio more all the time...and thinking I really need one for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristy, actually this studio is for my partner who is a jewelry designer and wire artist. I'm planning to build my own next. maybe I should have been a carpenter, what do you think? hehehe

      Delete
  4. looking very neat and welcoming:) - not a dreadful word count considering - all the best for coming week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alberta. I hope you have a great week too. :)

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest