Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Another 5K, Walls, and a Roof


Hi folks, time for another ROW80 update. It has been a busy, yet productive week here on the island. I have managed to fit in a bit of writing too. This week the tally is five thousand words, walls, and a roof. Here’s the evidence. J



Walls in progress.


Roof under construction.



Break time.



Shingles going on.



Results so far.




Well, that’s it for me, folks. With luck we'll get the windows and door in and the siding on over the next few weeks. there will be pictures of the progress. 

What have you been up to this week? I’d love to hear from you.

10 comments:

  1. Great job! Very impressive. plus 5,000 words! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan, this week was fun. I love to see the walls go up and the roof go on. It takes months or more to get a book ready, but a wall go up in a few hours. Instant gratification. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! (both the words and the walls). Good for you for sticking with the writing with everything else going on! Hope the expansion is ready for you soon. I am not at all handy, and would be delegated to "serving wench" - iced tea, anyone? ;)

    ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, it was a lot of fun. This time I had lots of helpers so I got to be the forewoman for the most part. Way more fun. Bossy? Me? Nooooo, not me. tee hee

      Delete
  4. Love your pictures! That's still amazing to me that people have the skills to build -- even a little house. Or will this be a writing retreat room? I've been revising, revising, revising and feeling like I took Section 3 down to the bones, shook it, reorganized it, and am now happy with the sequence of the story, more than ready to go back to final (I hope) revisions. May all your writing go well. Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Beth, this studio is actually my partner's studio. She makes awesome jewelry, as my multiple jewelry boxes will attest. The addition will allow her more work stations where she can do more things. I'm sure next year she will want a forge so she can start from the ore. hee hee hee

      Delete
  5. Way to go for the ROW80! And loving the way you're coming right along on the addition. If my daughter spent a little more time at home (darned boyfriend, lol), I'd have her help me build a wall to turn my alcove office into an actual room with a door...and a lock and do not disturb sign. It must be great to be able to close yourself away in a room with no (or fewer) interruptions.

    And I'd take a lot of that snow you offered, though I wouldn't mind a couple of months of a straight 72 degrees during the day and 50 at night, then October for three months straight. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristy, actually, the studio is my partner's. I'm liking her so much I want to build one for myself. I wrote my first twenty or so novels using the kitchen table, then I graduated to my current desk in the main hallway. Yep, my studio definitely on the list. :)

      Delete
  6. No one can say that you don't stay busy Prudence! And with all that activity, you still get the writing done. Way to go Girl! That's going to make a nice studio for the summer months. Enjoy! And me. I'm still plugging away at a snail's pace on my WIP, but at least I can say that I'm moving in the right direction! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen, good to see you on the go again. Yeah, I do tend to keep busy, even when I don't really want to. tee hee.
    Keep going with that WIP. Every step is a step closer to done. Each word written is one more closer to finished. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest