Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Scrivener?

Hi folks,

First let me tell you where I've been lately. As you know, I live on a small island and if I want to do anything (like take a cat to the vet) I need to catch a boat.
This is the boat on a calmer day.


Last week I had to make three trips to town, unfortunately, the big boat was broken down and the smaller boat wasn't really up to the task. Result? Plenty of time spent in the line-ups waiting for a ride.Over twelve hours in all. 

So, what did I do? I know several pairs of slippers and socks to give for gifts next Christmas. Oh yeah, I'm well ahead of the game now. (cue evil laugh)

Now, on to a ROW80 report and the bit about Scrivener.

I've spent far too much time lately reading tutorials and trying to make myself learn to use this program. I can see the value, but, to paraphrase Gandalf, Change comes slowly, if it comes at all.

However, in the spirit of Seven-of-Nine, I will adapt. Somehow.

So, as you have guessed, not much written over the past two weeks. However, by next week I will be back in the saddle.

Oh, and the big news, my first offering from Shadoe Publishing will be arriving soon. It will be a revision and new cover for Frankie. The one to follow will be a completely new story.

Okay, that's it for me today. Drop me a line and let me know how you're doing. I do love to hear from you.

Bless
Pru

8 comments:

  1. I love using Scrivener, but I'm sure I don't put all the bells and whistles to use. I love the organizational benefits though.

    Congrats on your big news. That's exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fallon. Maybe I'll just ease my way into Scrivener. You know, baby steps.

      Delete
  2. Living on an island can be a reward and a curse. I'm glad you were able to make the necessary trips despite the waits and that you found productive things to do whilst waiting.

    Good luck with the cat and the books. Scrivener has a really steep learning curve I'm told. Folks either love it, or hate it. I hope after investing all the time, you're one of the former.

    Patricia Rickrode
    w/a Jansen Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patricia, Yep, island living can have its moments. As for Scrivener, I am determined. If others can master it, why not me? Right?

      Delete
  3. Ooh Prudence, you live on an island? As in Newfoundland? Nova Scotia? Or Prince Edward? You know that I always think of Anne of Green Gables, don'tcha? And there you sit knitting away. That totally goes with the picture I have in my mind. Silly me. Yes, I can imagine it is quite a challenge living on an island. Especially in winter, or when you have a sick kitty. Now Scrivener. that's a whole other subject altogether. I have not crossed over to the other side yet. Let us know how it goes girl. May the force be with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, it is a double duty deal. Newfoundland is the big island where the city is. We live on Bell Island, a small chunk of land in Conception Bay. We have to cross a few miles of water to get to the city. It can be a pain, but at least we can afford a home here. Not so in the city. Besides, we like the slower pace of life. Oh, I have been to Anne's house in PEI. Much like the house where I grew up.

      Delete
  4. I love the way so many of you do crafty crafts as well as word craft. It is a nice shift of mindset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I usually carry a notebook too, you know, just in case.

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest