Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Another Sneak Peak

Hey folks,

Last week I gave you a sneak peek into a new book. Sadly, due to circumstances beyond our control, the launch date has been pushed back to Early December. However, do not despair, the one scheduled for release in November is still on track. So, here's a peek into that one.

Found

Lungs bursting, eyes bulging in terror, the young thief fled through the marketplace; if they caught him again they would cut off his hands. Fifteen summers would be too short a life; Dale wanted more. Fighting desperately for air, and an escape route, he ran on.

“Stop thief!” came the cry that followed him as he sped through the market town. Dale knocked people down, pulled over carts of fruit, knocked apart stalls, and anything else that he could do to slow his pursuers. Whimpering in terror, he clutched the loaf of stolen bread to his small immature breasts as he ran; ahead loomed the city gate and the promise of freedom beyond. Dale fled toward it.
As Dale neared the gate two burly town watchmen suddenly appeared between him and the freedom it promised. “Not so easy this time,” roared one of the watchmen. “We’ve got you now, my lively young fellow.” He swept his long pike pole toward Dale’s legs in an attempt to trip him up. Dale leaped nimbly over the pike and then dove between the legs of the second watchman. With a forward roll Dale was on his feet and out the gate. In a few moments more he had gained the trees. Once in the trees he easily eluded what was left of the pursuit. Those fat townsmen would never go much farther than the gate.

At last Dale sank to the ground still clutching the bread. Tearing off a piece, he began to eat ravenously. “Too close,” he thought to himself, “far and away too close.” Dale would have to leave this town behind and find another place to ply his trade.


Saving half the bread for morning, Dale set off through the trees. Wary as any deer, he made certain he was not followed. At last he came to his home, a huge hollowed out oak tree. That oak was probably Dale’s only friend in the world. Careful to leave no trail for anyone to follow, he crawled into the hollow of the welcoming tree. “Home at last,” he sighed.

So there it is. Watch for this one to appear next month. 

Now on to ROW80

Okay, time to set the goals and aspirations for this round. If any of you remember, I started out this year with lofty ambitions. Sadly, a lot of everyday life got in the way and messed me up. There were illnesses in the family (including me) as well as lots of unseen outside pressures. So, the year will now be a rousing success as I envisioned.

However, having said that, we do have two new novels to launch this round and I am excited about that. Getting these two launched is the big goal for this round.

On the writing front, I am working on a story just for me. (Yes, I will share it with you all once it is finished. tee hee) I plan to take my time with this one. I'm also going to try something new for me. Plotting. (Ow, it even hurt to say it.) I also plan to do a lot more reading this round.

The goal: Reach twenty thousand words on the new WIP by Christmas. This week, shoot for two thousand words, no more.

Somebody hold me back:

That's it for me this time folks. Hope you liked the intro to the new story. Drop me a line to say hello.

Bright Blessings
Pru

8 comments:

  1. I'm in the midst of replotting a book, Pru, and I am telling myself I need to plot BEFORE I write 70,000 words. The story will be more coherent, I won't have so many revisions to make, and the books will get finished faster. :) Speedy writing to you! I'll be checking in on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sheila, I am actually looking for a way to slow down a bit. I spend way too much time at the computer and sometimes forget to do the important things for me. I plan to do a lot more reading int he future.

      Delete
  2. Great progress on all fronts it sounds like. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly. The book should be out in about a month.

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, that snippet of Dale sounds really good, by the way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy. I actually wrote Dale years ago and recently found it on the computer. It's seen a few revisions and now is waiting for a cover. Shouldn't be too long.

      Delete
  4. You just amaze me Prudence. These stories of yours come to the fore at warp speed! I don't know what you do, but keep doing it because it seems to be working. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen. I think it might be the voices in my head. They never shut up. tee hee

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest