Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Sunday, August 25, 2013

New Cover and a ROW80 Check-in



Hi folks,

Well it’s time for another peek into my world. This time it won’t be another gentle wander around a peaceful island or a rant about the world’s wrongs, this time it’s about writing.

I’ve been fairly quiet about my writing over the summer, but I was still working. Honest I was. J So, here’s a rundown of what’s been going on and where I’m positioned at this moment.


For the past number of weeks I’ve been working on the fourth book in the Nova series. That has now passed the first round of edits and will soon be ready. This past week we arrived at the cover design. Here’s a peek at the cover; watch for the book to appear in mid-September.

On top of that I have completed the first round of edits on the next romance. This is an old fashioned lesbian romance MacLeod style so be warned. We hope to have it out before the end of October.

I’ve also finished the initial round of edits on something a bit unusual. This is an adventure fantasy novel aimed at teenagers and young adults, very special young adults and those who are curious about them. I have written many books for the lesbian, gay, and transgender folk. This time I focused on creating a hero for the transgender and intersexed young people. They deserve to have super heroes too. Look for that book to appear sometime before Christmas.

Well, that’s about it for me for this week. In the near future I’ll be working on organizing some upcoming projects for 2014.


So what have you folks been up to? Drop me a line and let me know how things are in your world. I do love to hear from you all.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to read your update all about your very productive summer. The cover is gorgeous -- and I love how you are giving your readers a sneak peek. Just this week I also worked intensely on a book cover. So, inspired by you, I'll post my new cover at the next ROW80 check-in. And I'm editing as well -- hoping to e-pub two books this fall. What are you doing about getting blurbs for your books scheduled to come out? I'd love to know. Hi from Beth
    http://bethcamp2.blogspot.com bluebethley@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth, thanks for the kind words. Looking forward to a peek at that book cover.
      Hmmm, blurbs, now here's where we get to it. I can write the stories and manage the covers, but promotions truly baffle me. I usually write my own blurbs and stick them up wherever I can, but I have no idea how effective they are. sigh
      I need a street team of rabid fans who promote me shamelessly.
      I'm thinking of finding a few willing authors to swap reviews with, but who knows what will come of that.
      Good luck with your books, let me know when they're coming out so I can watch for them.

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest