Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I Need A Coffee

It is early morning and I’m on a boat headed for the city. I desperately need a coffee; you’ve all been there, I know.
We arose at six a.m. and leaped into action. I pulled on my jeans and boots then headed out the door with the dogs. They were still half asleep. Reluctant hounds.
I took a moment to enjoy the night sky. There’s not a lot of back scatter out here, so the sky was filled with billions of stars. What an awesome sight. The air was crisp and frosty; plumes of white mist arose from the dogs as they snuffled at this and that.
With a sigh of resignation I unlocked the door to the hobbit hole beneath the house. I flicked on the light, and, bent at the waist, made my way to the back of the area where the snow tires for the truck are stored. I grabbed one and headed back outside. Three trips later all four tires were in the back of the truck and ready for the trip across the tickle. (bay) I locked up and called the dogs back inside.
The coffee pot was waiting, calling to me in a silken seductive voice that was hard to resist, but the dogs had to be fed and I had to get ready. Have you ever had one of those days when the closet rebels and refuses to yield up anything resembling a descent outfit. Oh yeah, today was the day. Sigh
After managing to beat the closet into submission, I managed one mouthful of coffee before bolting from the house. We waited a half hour in a long line, but did manage to get on the right boat. Whew.
K has promised to buy me breakfast, with lots of coffee. Life is good. So, here’s what I’m staring at as the boat gently rocks, and rocks, and my eyes are getting heavy.

 I will not fall asleep…zzz…I will not fall asleep…zzz… Oh gods, I need a coffee…

6 comments:

  1. I definitely know what you mean about needing a coffee. My husband can often tell just from the sound of my voice when I'm in dire need of one. There's just something about a warm coffee on a frosty day that makes you feel happier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, ambrosia and then some. mmm coffee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so know what you mean; that coffee is calling you and honestly it probably wouldn't put you behind schedule to grab a cup but your not willing to take that chance.. Damn closet, they are all like that!! :) Loved this one thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better to be getting sleepy than sick ... urrpp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A trip across the tickle? That doesn't sound so bad...then again, I guess it depends on who's doing the tickling;-) I love the way you can make everyday activities so fun to read about. You have a great writing style.

    Stay warm! Sounds like you and Justin are both experiencing the same kind of weather. Too bad he didn't have a truck with snow tires;-) Did you finally get your coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alyssa, yep, I managed to get several before the day was done. :)

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest