Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hope

Hey folks, it is time for me to blow my own horn again. I recently published my twenty-first novel on Smashwords. I had been saving this one for a while, not sure if I should publish it, but eventually I came to believe these stories need to be told. Over the years I have been blessed to have been able to assist a few abused women to escape to a new and better life. Some of their stories are woven into the tale of Mary Hope MacLaren.
Sadly, not everybody reaches a happy ending, but I have known a few who did. Some of that is included here as well. It was my desire to expose a dark underbelly of our society, yet not to bury you in guilt or pity because of it, just to make you aware. I also wanted to point out that, no matter how hard the past, anyone can create a better and brighter future for themselves.
Here is what one reader had to say about Hope.
I couldn't put this book down! This will definitely make it into my top 20 list, (top 10 is no longer sufficient). This story shows one of the most tragic circumstances in our world; the violence of an abusive spouse. With her natural affinity to positive energy, Prudence MacLeod turns a ruined life into a dream come true for Mary Hope. I was very sad when I reached the final page. I am definitely looking forward to more from this author! Thanks for the great story!"


Here is the link to the book; I do hope you will check it out and enjoy the story.
I thank the very talented Justin for the cover art. As usual, great job.

4 comments:

  1. If you keep writing at this rate I will have to expand my list of top favorites closer to thirty!

    I'm glad you had a chance to help women suffering from violent spouse abuse, and very happy you were not one of them. I have never lived near anyone who abused their spouse to my knowledge, which is good because I probably would have followed old Archie's example. One of the few things in life that gets my blood boiling is reading accounts of child or spouse abuse. I really loved the way you went with such a positive direction in this story. Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one was close to me. I was an abused child and endured a twenty year emotionally abusive marriage. There is some of my story in there too, but not a lot. The whole point is, if you focus your mind, you can make a better life. I am living proof of that, for my life is blessed now. I rejoice and give thanks each day that it is so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you, Prudence, for addressing this issue. I'm writing a YA that deals with a controlling boyfriend. It's on the back burner right now while I work on some MG books. I don't write as fast as you do. Best of luck to you with all your books. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lyn, my writing speed has a lot to do with being retired. I have a few extra hours most days. Good luck with your book, I'd love to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest