Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Monday, July 11, 2011

Up on the Roof

It was an odd sort of day today.  Started out by shooing K off to the city, then walking the dogs at high speed.  K's brother was coming to help install roof vents in the cottage, and I had to hurry the walk to get back home on time.  I just made it in time, four dogs looking at me like, "Geez mom, what's with the four forty on a sunny day?"

Ah well, it had to be done.  While the boys lay on the grass panting, Matt and I went inside and made a list of the things we'd need, then I set out to the hardware store to pick them up.  A short while later, we were up on the roof.

It is a strange experience, just sitting quietly on a roof, soaking up the sun, the view, and the gentle breeze.  The world looks very different from up there; a bird's eye view, if you will. Matt worked dilligently, while I sat and passed him tools and such, my mind wandering through strange and alien realms.  I couldn't help it, it was the view and the setting.  I saw alien creatures, wars, airships of all descriptions, etc.  Gods,  the wanderings of a writer's mind.

In spite of all the "help" Matt managed to do a stellar job in record time.  I not only got new roof vents, but several ideas for new books as well.  Perhaps the next time I hit writer's block, I'll just go up and sit on the roof for a while.  That might work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest