Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Language and how we use it.


Language and How We Use It



The musings of a meandering mind, or, messages from myself in another realm.



This is an attempt to express many of my life’s observations and insights, as well as the lessons learned from experience, both my own and those of other people. I call them the master’s keys because they have opened the doors to untold joys and wonder, granting me an above average life filled with delight. It is my great hope that somewhere in here you, the reader, may find something useful to enhance your own life experience and the joy you take therein.



I shall begin with a discussion on one of my pet theories, the use of language and its effects on our daily lives. Language is how we communicate with each other, the world around us, ourselves, and our creator. I believe that we all create our own lives by the way we use language. The language under discussion here is English as it is my native tongue, but the observations may well hold true for many of the western European languages.

English, as we now know it, has its roots in a troubled history. It evolved during centuries of savage repression by both the religion of the day and the ruling classes. As a result we have far more ways to express the negative than we do the positive. This constant expression of the negative is embedded in the language and in the way we use that most powerful tool. It has been handed down through the generations and we continue to pass it on. It’s time for a change.

The Universal Life Force Energy (hereinafter referred to as the Force) is sentient and generous to a fault. It will lovingly present you with whatever you ask for; the key is in how you deliver the request. Focus on the negative and the Force will provide you with plenty of negativity to focus on; the daily news is a prime example of mass negativity being lovingly supplied to an adoring audience. Ask and ye shall receive.

We are all energetic beings, break down the molecules far enough and you eventually arrive at energy, that’s all and nothing more. It is easy enough to imagine the influence of this constant bombardment of negative energy on the way you perceive and experience life. Unconsciously we focus on the negative, the toast burns, you get cut off in traffic, the new shoes don’t fit right, poor service at the coffee shop, the internet is slow, etc. It’s Ok folks, we’ve been trained this way for countless generations, and we are just following the programming.

Now we get to the good part; you can change this if you want to. The first key to a more uplifting, positive, and joy filled life experience is the use of language. (See, you knew that eventually I would get back to the point.) If you can change your use of language to a positive focus, the Force will begin to present you with more and more positive things to experience and enjoy. Better still, many of the small and mundane bits of your daily routine will begin to be less stressful, and perhaps even enjoyable. Alright, so how do we go about this great transformation? Here are a few hints, but I am saving some of the good stuff for future discussions.

• Begin with trying to eliminate all negative expressions from your habitual patters of speech. The more you practice this the better you get at it.

• Consciously change your self talk to reflect only positive things, especially about yourself.

• Limit your exposure to newscasts and newspapers. (Perhaps cut down to two or three a week.)

• Regardless of what life throws at you during the day, speak only in positive or neutral terms. If that is not possible, remain silent.



Ok, I will admit that this one will be as tough as trying to quit smoking. If nothing else, please pause for a few moments and consider the possibilities of what I have said. Give it a try for a few weeks and see what happens, I wager you will be pleasantly surprised.

May your day be filled with love, laughter, and abundance.  Pru


4 comments:

  1. Good thoughts, Pru ... I try, but when the Tigers got spanked 12-7 by the Angels yesterday I'm afraid I lost it ... the negative words flowed ... but I'll get my center back today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! I didn't know that about the history of the English language! And I agree--we can't stop negative things from happening but we can always choose to react positively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, really interesting observation of how history impacted the language and how we use it. Never thought of that before, but obviously it impacts how we THINK as well. Couldn't agree more that we need to create more positive energy in our lives. Deliberately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good read. Positive affirmations help as well, especially if you can repeat them so often that they start running in the back of your mind automatically.

    Good connections to the origin of the language, I'd be interested to read more about that!

    ReplyDelete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest