Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Saturday, October 3, 2015

More on the Writing Process

Hi folks,
Yep, it's been a while since we touched on this, so let me see. We created characters, tried to understand what drives them, got our storytelling hat on, and now it's time for a few of those secrets we're not supposed to share.
Everybody's different, but here's one that works for me. Music. Epic, powerful, driving music. Movie themes are great. Get in the chair, limber up the keyboard, put on some truly epic music, and let the story flow. As the music takes you, the story takes you, and the words magically roll.
Here are two examples of stories that flowed from my imagination on the wings of epic music.


Phoenix has always been one of my favorites, but Dark Traveler is special to me. I originally wrote it to give young transgender kids a hero. One child in particular. It is a fantasy/adventure story, but it is more. It is also a window into the lives, fears, and joys of these children. The hope was to help the child's family understand.

Now, on a different note, I'm all excited about my impending new website. I'm hoping it will be ready this month, and when it goes live I will make a serious fuss because I want everybody to see it. Keep an eye out for the smoke signals.

That's all for now. Hope this finds you all well and happy.

Bless
Pru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest