Prudence MacLeod's Writings

I'm not just a wanna be farmer, I'm also a writer. I write romance, sci-fi, and action/adventure. Sometimes I even blend the three just for fun.

The romance novels are listed on the left of the page. The other books are listed on the right of the page. Please enjoy. You can also check the other pages of this blog for more.

I also play a lot of World of Warcraft; if you're a player you may spot where that hobby creeps into my writing. :)

You can contact me here: prudymac@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Another Peek Between the Covers

Hi folks,

Yeah, I know, this post is a few days late. It's that time of year, after all.  You know, the time of year when the best of intentions often go astray. Yes, I will write three hours every morning. (Good luck with that.)

However, I did promise you another peek into the next upcoming book. We have decided on a title. Devil Comes Home. Now all we need is the cover. Okay, okay, here's another peek between the covers.


The road rose up a long hill and into the forest. Melanie pulled over to let the traffic pass, then set out slowly for the town a short distance away. An abandoned building caught her eye and she stopped for a moment. Brighton Hotel. It had been a thriving B&B when she was a girl, but it stood empty now, probably had for years, by the look of it. The place had a haunted look to it now and she shivered. She sighed and rode on. Melanie wasn't looking forward to this homecoming.

So that's it, another peek into Devil Comes Home. I'll give you a bit more next week.
Aw, to heck with it. I'll set up a page on this blog and give you the first chapter. Look for the link to appear at the top of the page soon.

ROW80

Sadly, I've been a bad writer, or at least a slack one. Barely two thousand words since my last check-in. Sigh. I truly doubt this week will be any better. Hang on to your hat for the New Year's Resolutions. hee hee hee

Happy Holidays to one and all.
Bless
Pru

2 comments:

  1. Lol Pru, what a title! Never know where you're heading with that one! And how very generous of you to show the whole chapter. You must be very happy with it. And hey, don't beat yourself up. You are usually cranking out the words my friend. So if you take a moment to catch your breath, that's what you need to do. Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Karen, yep, I'm pretty pleased with this one. It has a few surprises in it all right. hehehe Actually, the first chapter is just a teaser anyway.
      Now, my dear friend, love and hugs to you and yours this Christmas season. May the coming year bring you nothing but blessings.

      Delete

Networked Blogs

Followers

WANA

WANA
Proud member of WANATribe

ROW 80 blog hop

Stumbled Upon

Women's Nest

The Women's Nest